• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Is Korea going to have the shitbag cunt Son on the pitch ?

Group A: Netherlands, Senegal
Group B: England, USA
Group C: Argentina, Poland
Group D: France, Denmark
Group E: Germany, Spain
Group F: Belgium, Canada
Group G: Brazil, Serbia
Group H: Uruguay, Portugal

I like our group a lot. I'm honestly not too worried about Wales, Scotland, or Ukraine.

F I really struggled with, I think Canada actually has a decent shot of getting through the group and I think one of the two old ass golden generations flames out.

Mexico I think will have their hands full with Poland and Lewy having Messi in his group is going to make him pop off. They play day 2 of the tournament and I think he makes a statement on opening day, their next game is against Argentina and I think that seals their fate.

RIP Costa Rica.

Thanksgiving weekend has Brazil v Serbia, Portugal v Ghana, USA v Red Coats, Argentina v Mexico, France v Denmark, Spain v Germany.

The draw isn’t bad but I really hope Iran and Scotland/Wales/Ukraine don’t go into bunker mode. If so me might end up with two points.

meme_kid.jpg

I had a little time to kill and figured I'd calculate, in a little more detail thank Overall World Rank, the Group difficulties. Maybe my math is wrong (blame Excel), but this doesn't look good, based solely on numbers. Parentheses are the potential teams in that group's calculation.

EDIT: I was using the pic earlier of the predictions from 3/29/22. I readjusted with the Final Rankings from yesterday.

GROUP (POT TEAM) -- AVG PTS (Updated Avg)
Group A -- 1532.5
Group B (Wales) -- 1641 (1637)
Group B (Scotland) -- 1612 (1608.25)
Group B (Ukraine) -- 1627.75 (1623.75)
Group C -- 1603.5 (1603.25)
Group D (Peru) -- 1626.5
Group D (Australia) -- 1601.5
Group D (UAE) -- 1575.25
Group E (Costa Rica) -- 1593.8 (1604)
Group E (New Zealand) -- 1529.75
Group F -- 1623.5 (1619.75)
Group G -- 1623.25 (1624)
Group H -- 1551.75 (1554.5)

POTENTIAL GROUPS RANKED BY AVERAGE FIFA RANKING POINTS
1. Group B (Wales)
2. Group D (Peru)
3. Group G
4. Group B (Ukraine)
5. Group F
6. Group B (Scotland)
7. Group E (Costa Rica)
8. Group C
9. Group D (Australia)
10. Group D (UAE)
11. Group H
12. Group A
13. Group E (New Zealand)

Last edited:

Shoot, I had domestic violence arrest as her next arrest in my pool. Oh well.

I'm fine with our draw. We're probably happier than England is - with them being the favorite and drawing us and likely either Scotland or more likely Wales with Bale. Facing Wales right after their best effort against England would be optimal. Though Iran could end up being an away game in terms of fans in the stands. Canada and the Ticos came away with the tougher draws. Doesn't seem to have a true group of death.

Shoot, I had domestic violence arrest as her next arrest in my pool. Oh well.

she reportedly had her two kids in the car with her, so child endangerment seems pretty close to your guess.

Pumped to watch USA-England the day after Thanksgiving.

Back