• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

A draw or loss on Wednesday should be the end of Gregg

Official US Soccer / World Cup '22 Thread (WCQ vs. Canada 8:00 pm TONIGHT)

Dest (ankle) and McKennie (discipline) not traveling to Honduras. Yueill called up.

Dest (ankle) and McKennie (discipline) not traveling to Honduras. Yueill called up.

Apparently mckennie hosted a party against COVID policy for team and apparently Juventus is pretty upset as well. Just mind boggling.

USMNT twitter is wild this morning

Jesse Marsch out there liking tweets about Berhalter wasting the Golden generation (confirmed)

And reports that McKennie didn't leave the hotel, but instead snuck someone in...Pulisic's younger sister (unconfirmed)

Jesse Marsch out there liking tweets about Berhalter wasting the Golden generation (confirmed)

And reports that McKennie didn't leave the hotel, but instead snuck someone in...Pulisic's younger sister (unconfirmed)

Yikes. That's not good. Not to mention Pulisic saying in press conference that team needed new ideas???? Direct shot @ Berhalter and coaching staff as they were quite dull and boring and not attacking anywhere near as much as they should have creating very few chances. Very fortunate we didn't actually lose to Canada as Davies and others had regular runs down side and dangerous crosses/shots especially one in 1st half that Davies passed to teammate right in front of goal and US got a gift as poorly hit and Turner was able to make a diving save. US didn't have much to show for quality chances except a couple of headers in front of goal which this team should be able to produce even without Reyna and McKennie.

This would make sense given that Landon Donovan knows the details and called it a situation "almost beyond repair". I mean, why else would Gregg suspend him more than one game and send him back to Italy?

This would make sense given that Landon Donovan knows the details and called it a situation "almost beyond repair". I mean, why else would Gregg suspend him more than one game and send him back to Italy?

at least he didn't F his wife?

I'm not 100% up to speed with the available player pool, but from the roster announcement the squad was flawed imo. I was excited about Pepi being added and I now wonder what we really risk by giving him minutes as Sargent and Pefok have produced nothing. I never liked Berhalter but was encouraged by the mentality of the team's two wins v Mexico this summer. I think we now know that it was Mexico's poor performances and lack of finishing that gave us those wins, not our improvement. I don't know where we go from here but I do know the crap on Sunday in front of the best home crowd this team has likely ever had will turn off any interest beyond the normal soccer noobs in America. Huge missed opportunity. If we don't get 3 pts in Honduras there's a good chance we won't qualify again. Canada, Panama, Costa Rica, El Salvador and Honduras all have better coaching and more grit than we do. There's no difference between our home and away games because all the hispanic fan bases show up in the US based games better than we do. We have no "home" games, and the way we play shows that.

I'm not 100% up to speed with the available player pool, but from the roster announcement the squad was flawed imo. I was excited about Pepi being added and I now wonder what we really risk by giving him minutes as Sargent and Pefok have produced nothing. I never liked Berhalter but was encouraged by the mentality of the team's two wins v Mexico this summer. I think we now know that it was Mexico's poor performances and lack of finishing that gave us those wins, not our improvement. I don't know where we go from here but I do know the crap on Sunday in front of the best home crowd this team has likely ever had will turn off any interest beyond the normal soccer noobs in America. Huge missed opportunity. If we don't get 3 pts in Honduras there's a good chance we won't qualify again. Canada, Panama, Costa Rica, El Salvador and Honduras all have better coaching and more grit than we do. There's no difference between our home and away games because all the hispanic fan bases show up in the US based games better than we do. We have no "home" games, and the way we play shows that.

That's just not true for WCQs. USSF fucked up once in recent memory (Costa Rica in New York City) but other than that they do a great job of targeting small MLS stadiums in cities with a low population of the team we're facing. Even Mexico fans have an extremely difficult time getting into the WCQs in Columbus.

The only reason Canada was played in an NFL stadium is because USSF knew Canada would bring less than 500 fans no matter where it was played.

The Pulisic sister stuff is internet garbage, but apparently Weston went out one night and then had an unauthorized guest another night. So yeah that’s a pretty big breakdown of trust when you violate COVID protocols two nights in room.

Also rumblings that’s Juve are super pissed as he did something similar earlier this year and missed two weeks. He may be in the doghouse when he returns there as well.

The Pulisic sister stuff is internet garbage, but apparently Weston went out one night and then had an unauthorized guest another night. So yeah that’s a pretty big breakdown of trust when you violate COVID protocols two nights in room.

Also rumblings that’s Juve are super pissed as he did something similar earlier this year and missed two weeks. He may be in the doghouse when he returns there as well.

Would be best case scenario if so. I guess it could still be true while fitting into everything that USSF released, but that probably wouldnt come out until later.

I look forward to Charlie Davies trying to take the moral high ground.

But yeah, dumbass move by a young adult who should have learned his lesson the first time. No idea why little Landon is so worked up though if that's the case.

Official US Soccer / World Cup '22 Thread (WCQ vs. Honduras 10:30pm TONIGHT)

How many other Americans are managers of European clubs?

Back