• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Update, Boston hates footy and Banner didn't show any interest in finding the game after a lame initial try. Tavern on the Square, though - just for me - took the Celtics off one of their 86 TVs to show the nats

CRC wisely resting all their problematic yellow-card dudes. If we somehow screwed this up it would be an all timer

Loving WZ getting the armband. Really like his game and especially his attitude/demeanor

Pepi has a long way to go and not sure I understand why the early hype

He is pretty uninspiring off the ball for a poaching #9. He may be used to his athleticism winning him some chances but he's got to do more feint runs to open space for himself. All very predictable and direct running from him from what I've seen of him in a US shirt. Good defenders will laugh at it.

This game is so technically sloppy. My god. So many bad touches/passes/shots/crosses. I don't want to watch myself play!

I was folding laundry....but did I just hear Gooch (I think) say that Tim Weah was good that 1st half?

Please tell me I misheard that. Weah was awful. God awful that half. I need two hands to count the number of times his first touch went 10+ yards off his foot. That would be shit for a high school player, much less a full international of a side going to the World Cup.

He is clearly not focused tonight

that was a perfectly delivered free kick

and who was marking 3??? free header. not WZ's fault. was that completely zonal defending on a set-piece? yeesh

We haven't gotten jack shit nothin' out of all these corner kicks. I thought Christian Pussylickich was supposed to be good.

Tired legs and tired minds tonight. I know we said we want to win, but we don't have to and that's what it looks like.

I really like 14 - de la Torre. Such a smart, sharp, technical midfielder. Little waterbug scattering all over the pitch to do 1-2s and open spaces elsewhere.

Tidy player. Not sure he has the talent to start the initial WC matches, but I wouldn't be sad if he played in a match where we needed a draw to advance in match 3.

3 years of basic ass Greggy ball and we still can’t break down a bunker. Generally worried if we draw two minnows on Friday.

Back