• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Wake-Duke game thread

Tanner has improved little over four years and may be the ACC's worst starting QB. The college game is too fast for him. He cannot think/react quickly enough to be effective. And, one of our senior offensive lineman must have cost us 50 yards in the second half alone in sacks given up and penalties. Next week is time to play some younger kids, and spring ball is time for a new coaching staff. But I tremble at thinking of Wellman making the hire.

I've criticized Tanner plenty this year. Most of his balls in the turf today were to tight coverage, he ran for a bunch of huge first downs and a touchdown, and he lost Crump on top of already missing Camp.

Ragland dropped most of the passes thrown his way despite them being right in the numbers. Other guys couldn't get open or let a little shove by Duke break their routes or give up on balls early.

I'm going to have to agree with DC on this one.

Hopefully thats the last time we see Jim on the sideline in Winston-Salem

The most emotion Grobe ever shows is his cheesy smile during the post-game handshake after another loss.

Damn, Grobe smiling/grinning after the game with the Duke HC...frickin' amazing....good, ole Gentleman Jim has to go!!!!!

Is Grobe fucking smiling going to mid-field? He knows we lost, right?

Doesn't matter, got paid. That's the look of a man who could give less of a shit. If Ron had any stones at all whatsoever, then he'd give Grobe a pink slip the second he steps in the locker room.

I've criticized Tanner plenty this year. Most of his balls in the turf today were to tight coverage, he ran for a bunch of huge first downs and a touchdown, and he lost Crump on top of already missing Camp.

Ragland dropped most of the passes thrown his way despite them being right in the numbers. Other guys couldn't get open or let a little shove by Duke break their routes or give up on balls early.

You're right about our receivers not getting any separation. But Tanner is making the same mistakes (like not getting rid of the ball) that he made when he was a freshman. ANd, if one of our receivers manages to get open 20 yards downfield, Tanner will bounce the pass to him more than half the time.

God I'm just so over Grobe. He looks like he could give two shits about what his team is doing (or not doing). Seeing him smile and laugh with Cutcliffe at the end made him look like a YMCA coach congratulating another at the end of a friendly game. Please retire, Jim. Thanks for the fun memories in 2007 my senior year, but it is clear you simply don't care about winning.

Have to agree re: Tanner...he def regressed in his career at WF...hard to do but thanks to our brilliant coaching he was up to the task! Very sad.....

If Grobe and this staff are back next year, I don't think I'll be watching much Wake football next year. See ya later.

Tanner has improved little over four years and may be the ACC's worst starting QB. The college game is too fast for him. He cannot think/react quickly enough to be effective. And, one of our senior offensive lineman must have cost us 50 yards in the second half alone in sacks given up and penalties. Next week is time to play some younger kids, and spring ball is time for a new coaching staff. But I tremble at thinking of Wellman making the hire.

Yeah, he's only going to break Skinner's touchdown record and is 7th in passing yards in the ACC on a team that tried to run the option for the first half of year.

Tanner's a decent quarterback in the ACC. On this team he's way down the list of players to shit on for our current situation. Guess it's easier to call out Tanner for regressing than to consider the offensive line woes and receiver struggle for the past two years compared to his sophomore year.

What does Grobe see in these guys at practice? There is nothing worth noting about our offense without Camp.

Yeah, he's only going to break Skinner's touchdown record and is 7th in passing yards in the ACC on a team that tried to run the option for the first half of year.

Tanner's a decent quarterback in the ACC. On this team he's way down the list of players to shit on for our current situation.

Just curious, are you related to Tanner? Otherwise, there is no rational explanation...to compare Riley with Tanner is so unfair to Skinner. Forget stats look at overall team wins and tell me Tanner was a good QB and did not regress while at WF ......BTW, I like the kid, played HS football just up the road from me.

Hard to rate Tanner. Lobo has not given him a OL the whole 4 years he has been here. Lobo has not given him much of a game plan. We run when everyone thinks we run, heck we run when we should pass. Hard to do much when the other team is rushing 5 and we can't block and everyone knows it is a pass. I am really surprised Tanner gained as much as he did running today, it was the only play that worked. We have receivers that can't catch or get open or even stand up! Camp excluded. We roll our QB to the rignt-- oh wait he is left handed! I am in the camp that if there are not major changes in the program, I will not watch next year.

Back