• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Wake-Duke game thread

There is not really much to say. The football program is headed in the wrong direction, and our current staff has shown little indication of being able to change this trend. No matter what happens, the future looks bleak. If Grobe stays, we continue to decline. If Wellman replaces him, it's likely to be a disaster. The current situation is as hopeless as it has been in a long time.

Most emotion Grobe showed today was shaking hands with Cutcliffe and congratulating the Duke staff. He was grinning ear to ear. I think next Saturday is his final game.

Next season will see no changes in coaching. However, there will be a difference in our 4 - 8 record. It will be worse. BTW, ask Ron Wellman if there has been an increase in students' attendance.

Would love to the guys pull a Grambling and refuse to practice and play the Vandy game to protest

Yeah, he's only going to break Skinner's touchdown record and is 7th in passing yards in the ACC on a team that tried to run the option for the first half of year.

Tanner's a decent quarterback in the ACC. On this team he's way down the list of players to shit on for our current situation. Guess it's easier to call out Tanner for regressing than to consider the offensive line woes and receiver struggle for the past two years compared to his sophomore year.

Price is the 12th ranked ACC qb. Not exactly a high ranking for a guy who has started nearly 50 games. http://espn.go.com/college-football.../collegeQuarterbackRating/id/1/acc-conferencehttp://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/collegeQuarterbackRating/id/1/acc-conference

Last edited:
Most emotion Grobe showed today was shaking hands with Cutcliffe and congratulating the Duke staff. He was grinning ear to ear. I think next Saturday is his final game.

Why would one quit a job that paid 2+ million/year with no real performance expectations by your employer?

Remember that thread about the mag or whatever that had Tanner rated as the 12th or lower ACC QB?

Yep- mercy rule. Maybe the tarholes have a chance next week against dook.
The holes are a lot better than what they showed at the beginning of the year. I definitely think they have a shot.

I didn't watch a single play. Did yard work instead. Expected a loss. Expectations were realized.

I don't think it would be possible for me to be any more apathetic about Wake sports than I am now.

I didn't watch a single play. Did yard work instead. Expected a loss. Expectations were realized.

I don't think it would be possible for me to be any more apathetic about Wake sports than I am now.

Wait till next year.

Did anyone else notice the umpire who kept getting in the way? It looked like this happened at least four times. Or maybe I was just imagining it.

Back