• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL WAKE FOREST FOOTBALL v. ELON thread

Clawson's pre-Elon game presser is today, and the official depth chart will be out. The presser is typically available on YouTube right away. He will start off by making Elon sound like they may make the college football playoff.

Elon only returns 4 starters on D, including big losses in the secondary. WF will score early and often.

Also, if/when WF gets out to a comfortable lead, think Ruggiero will want to give Kern legit reps; so, believe we will continue to throw. So, think WF scores lots of points. If the opening line is WF -30.5 or less, I will be on WF. Also, Elon is starting a new QB. A defensive score would not be a shocker.
I would love to see that, but if we hold true to form, we’ll have yet more game tape of how well Kern can hand the ball off to a RB.

I think we roll, Mitch has a good running day, but the running game on the whole isn’t as dominant as fans would like, leading to some consternation among posters.

D-line average about 269lbs, size isn't everything, but that is concerning.

initial thought is that we are gonna feel the pain defensively after whiffing on our top DT and CB targets.

Staying healthy, really across the board is going to be very important.

I’m a little bit worried about the WRs honestly. Obviously the top 3 guys are studs but Banks will have to adapt to being the #1 guy and if one of those guys gets dinged up that could be really problematic. Would be great to see Grimes step up.

Yeah, I realize this is always the case with younger back ups, but I feel good looking at the starters, but depth this year is a big concern (where I thought we had been moving toward fixing that the previous two seasons).

Back