• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL WAKE FOREST FOOTBALL v. ELON thread

I will say this about Curry, someone needs to buy that man a damn drink because he was EVERYWHERE today.

Claiborne as RB1 going forward. I like Justice but he can’t be our RB1 solely because he can block.

What do you want him to do, force students to join the band?

Not his fault that Wake’s student demographics don’t include many band nerds
Plenty of ways. Offering course credit and stipends would be a good start.

Plenty of ways. Offering course credit and stipends would be a good start.
In my experience, anyone that would even remotely consider being in the band was already in it. I just don’t think there’s that many students interested in doing that, regardless of potential incentives.

Per capita, are we really that far off other schools?

What do you want him to do, force students to join the band?

Not his fault that Wake’s student demographics don’t include many band nerds
He could use his influence to get admissions to provide names of incoming students who listed marching band as part of their high school activities to the WFU band director.

It’s weird to me that Currie hypes the game day experience but doesn’t focus on that obvious component.

I don't know the answer with the band but someone needs to fix it. Quickly. In fairness, the new LED lights are awesome and added to a big-time feel. But the band..... woof.

Feel like there’s a lot to like, and some glaring concerns. Hoping it’s just week 1 and adjustments will be made to address protection and Mitch makes quicker reads.

Secondary and receivers have been as advertised. Claiborne looks legit.

He could use his influence to get admissions to provide names of incoming students who listed marching band as part of their high school activities to the WFU band director.

Why? He’s the athletic director, not the Dean of the music department.

Claiborne seems to just be a different level talent than Ellison. Nothing against Justice, he’s a fine player, but Claiborne looks impressive.

Back