• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

Makes landfall near Mexico Beach as a Cat 4. Tremendously wet.

And of course CMS closes school again. Because, hell, there is a storm in Alabama, so of course we should close school in Charlotte. Unfuckingbelievable.

And of course CMS closes school again. Because, hell, there is a storm in Alabama, so of course we should close school in Charlotte. Unfuckingbelievable.

Hahahahaha I was waiting on this. We’re closed up in Raleigh too. Banker hours too, so the students don’t have to make it up. I’ll go in for a teacher workday.

I mean it’s suppose to pass through here tomorrow afternoon so I guess I get it’s

Boggity have you checked the path of the storm? You do realize that Tropical Storm force wind and rain is suppose to come barreling through your area tomorrow morning and afternoon, right?

^banked hours (extra hours over the required minimum built into the calendar)

Can’t edit

Hahahahaha I was waiting on this. We’re closed up in Raleigh too. Banker hours too, so the students don’t have to make it up. I’ll go in for a teacher workday.

I mean it’s suppose to pass through here tomorrow afternoon so I guess I get it’s

Boggity have you checked the path of the storm? You do realize that Tropical Storm force wind and rain is suppose to come barreling through your area tomorrow morning and afternoon, right?

GCS closed too.

Had originally called for early release, but said the storm is moving faster than expected, so it called school. Possible gusts of 80+ mph

This storm will bring hurricane and tropical storm force winds further inland than almost any storm seen in the historic past. Usually hurricanes lose their wind force once they are fully on land, but Michael is the exception. Stay safe in the Carolinas.

Sweet. Love me some high winds on saturated, soft ground. RIP Bungalow!

Cancelling school for this one seemed like a no brainer. Florence was dumb, tho, at least in CLT.

Why? It's raining out. If we're solely worried about the LCD as usual, are they not safer/dryer in a school building than their trailer destined to have a tree fall on it?

Will almost certainly be flooding in low lying areas, if there isn't already, and the worst winds (gusts over 50 MPH) are supposed to come through between 3-5 PM. Great time to be driving kids around.

It would take a helluva lot of standing water to flood or alter a school bus. Again, probably much safer to be in a school bus than in the LCD's trailer situated in the troublesome low-lying areas. It isn't raining any worse than other normal rainy day in March/April and, as Biff said, it is supposed to be over by about 3:30. But standstill the entire city's public and private productivity yet again for no real reason.

Cancelling school in Greensboro today was a WTF moment.

Back