• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

Goddamn I hate rain and high winds. I’m riding this out at smack tea hut. Good luck bungalow, protect my viola da gamba if possible.

Just a soaking rain here at the moment, but I think we’re where the eye was, currently.

Multiple trees and power lines down in and around Davie County. Two of the main roads are completely closed, Hwy 64 near the Davidson County line and Hwy 801 in Advance. All fire personnel have been called to quarters for the foreseeable future.

And on top of that, the county school system cancelled all afternoon bus routes due to safety concerns, so parents are having to pick their kids up from school.

Multiple trees and power lines down in and around Davie County. Two of the main roads are completely closed, Hwy 64 near the Davidson County line and Hwy 801 in Advance. All fire personnel have been called to quarters for the foreseeable future.

And on top of that, the county school system cancelled all afternoon bus routes due to safety concerns, so parents are having to pick their kids up from school.

But 2&2 rejoices.

Next 40 minutes we are going to get some serious wind in the OC. Cop radio just said so. Picking up now.

400,000 already without power in NC and the nastiest band on the backside hasn't even reached the Triangle or points east yet. #nobigdeal

Have the winds picked up there? Rain has come through Winston but the back-end wind is starting to pick up a bit. Some weather nerds twitter's are saying the wind gusts after the rain passes through are supposed to be very strong.

And yea, not cancelling school in Winston was a mistake. Trees are down all over. Massive one down at Hawthorne and Miller

No it's over. 77 degrees and sunny.

Lots of twigs and leaves on the ground though.

I still have power, too. Thanks for holding my hand through this, Biff.

Next 40 minutes we are going to get some serious wind in the OC. Cop radio just said so. Picking up now.

And they were right. The wind started howling right about 5pm. Got really freaky for a while.

Charlotte schools closed again Friday. Cue 2&2 rant.

Losing power with a week old baby is awesome. Good thing my in-laws moved to town and have power. Time to load up.

400,000 already without power in NC and the nastiest band on the backside hasn't even reached the Triangle or points east yet. #nobigdeal

I haven’t had power since noon in the Sherwood area. Granted, my neighborhood loses power over much less than this.

Back