• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Omnibus Bowl Projections Thread - Belk Bowl

Not a lot of respect for Virginia Tech at just #25. Certainly seem passable should they lose...

Miami/Clemson at 2/3 is good for us.

The OB won't take over a 2 loss ND, or a 3 loss ND, or the ACCCG loser (Miami home game), or Va Tech. I'm thrilled to be going to a Bowl game, where ever it is. We politicked our way into the Military Bowl last year, we'll do the same this year to get the Bowl we want. At 6-6, we got the Music City Bowl over others. That's why I think we'll get Charlotte. If we want a tougher match-up, watch Jacksonville.

The OB won't take over a 2 loss ND, or a 3 loss ND, or the ACCCG loser (Miami home game), or Va Tech. I'm thrilled to be going to a Bowl game, where ever it is. We politicked our way into the Military Bowl last year, we'll do the same this year to get the Bowl we want. At 6-6, we got the Music City Bowl over others. That's why I think we'll get Charlotte. If we want a tougher match-up, watch Jacksonville.

Why would the Tax Slayer Bowl be a tougher match-up than the Belk Bowl?

"During the eight years when the Orange Bowl does not host a semifinal it will feature the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Champion, or if the champion is participating in the College Football Playoff the next highest ranked ACC school (selected by the CFP selection committee), against the highest ranked available school from either the Big Ten Conference, Southeastern Conference (SEC) or Notre Dame (as chosen by the CFP selection committee)"

ND would play against the ACC rep, not be the ACC rep. And no one is saying we get in over the ACCCG loser. We are saying both Miami and Clemson make the College FOotball Playoff. At that point, it's up to the CFP top 25 if Wake or Va Tech (Or NC State) make the top 25, highest ranked team is in the Orange Bowl. If none are in the top 25, it's unclear who decides.

I do agree the way the things stands, I can't really envision us getting chosen over Va Tech. BUT, had we beat Ga Tech or FSU, it was a very real possibility.

If Va Tech Beats UVA, or if Clemson or Miami don't make the College Football Playoff, we have 0 chance to go to the orange bowl.

Last edited:
Just beat Duke.
Score 40+.
I wanna hear ESPN talking about the exciting Deacs.
Deacs in Belk or Music City.

I remember several years ago coming home from playing morning golf and seeing that we were up 42-0 at the half at Dook. Lets go ahead and do that again.

Surprisingly, Duke's defense is 27th is the the nation in Yds per game. Their offense is 92nd.

Wake Forest is 22nd on offense, and 107th on defense.

The average high in December for El Paso is 57 degrees, while Charlotte is 50 degrees. Definitely warmer, but not by a substantial amount.

What fanbase. There is only one fanbase at Kentucky and they prefer the bouncy round ball.
Kentucky would bring a lot of people to a bowl game, but definitely less so for a bowl competing with the Lousiville rivalry game.

The average high in December for El Paso is 57 degrees, while Charlotte is 50 degrees. Definitely warmer, but not by a substantial amount.

oh, 7 degrees matters. My office right now is 77. I'm miserable. If it were 70, I'd be fine.

just looked it up and it was 65 during our bowl in Charlotte 10 years ago

oh, 7 degrees matters. My office right now is 77. I'm miserable. If it were 70, I'd be fine.

I would argue that 7 degrees matters more for any temperatures above 70, than below, and the amount it matters increases as the temps increase. For anything under 70, the amount it does not matter increases as the temps decrease. For instance, it does not matter at all if it is -17 or -10 because all you want to do either way is kill yourself. Science.

I would argue that 7 degrees matters more for any temperatures above 70, than below, and the amount it matters increases as the temps increase. For anything under 70, the amount it does not matter increases as the temps decrease. For instance, it does not matter at all if it is -17 or -10 because all you want to do either way is kill yourself. Science.

I disagree. There is a big difference in 40 degrees vs 47. And 47 vs 54 to me when playing football. Maybe not for the guys that play 60 snaps, but for other's it does. and I found the predicted temp to be 46. Not sure where 50 comes from, maybe a better source, so my original post was about a 10 degree difference.

ETA I think it will usually be warmer in West Texas in December than Charlotte. I really don't care about where we play, and now, I'd prefer CHarlotte. I was mostly joking, as a former punter, that temp was all that would matter to me.

Last edited:
Quick audit:

CBS Sports: Sun vs. Arizona
USA Today: Music City vs UK
Sporting News: Belk vs. Miss St.
SI: Belk vs. Missouri
SB Nation: Sun vs. Arizona
ESPN: Belk vs. UK

Quick audit:

Hoping Sporting News is right.

Quick audit:

I thought earlier this week, the majority had us Belk vs. USC-South?

Back