• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Omnibus Bowl Projections Thread - Belk Bowl

If it doesn't cost us the Belk Bowl, then I'll def just be rooting for a Wisconsin win

OSU played a 7 win team. and lost, by 31. I just can't get over that as a team that should be in the playoff. If that was their only loss, maybe. But they also got stomped at home.

Bama played a top 5 Florida State team, who had their starting QB. The year is absolutely different with Francios than a R-Frosh. I think that win will count for something. Remove Barrett, Baker Mayfield, or Bryant (they lost to cuse without him), and those teams likely have much different years as well. I think the committee may acknowledge that win, maybe not as a top 5 win, but certainly much better than a 6-6 FSU team.

Last edited:
OSU played a 5 win team. and lost, by 31. I just can't get over that as a team that should be in the playoff. If that was their only loss, maybe. But they also got stomped at home.

Bama played a top 5 Florida State team, who had their starting QB. The year is absolutely different with Francios than a R-Frosh. I think that win will count for something. Remove Barrett, Baker Mayfield, or Bryant (they lost to cuse without him), and those teams likely have much different years as well. I think the committee may acknowledge that win, maybe not as a top 5 win, but certainly much better than a 6-6 FSU team.

Iowa has 7 wins

are you counting the number of wins when they played OSU? 'cause that's kinda silly, right?

then Bama's win over FSU came against winless FSU?

the Iowa loss was a very bad loss, no doubt; no need to embellish it

Iowa has 7 wins

are you counting the number of wins when they played OSU? 'cause that's kinda silly, right?

then Bama's win over FSU came against winless FSU?

the Iowa loss was a very bad loss, no doubt; no need to embellish it

I was going off another's posters account a page earlier:
They got skulldrug by a 5 win Iowa team

I wasn't trying to embellish it. I really thought they had only 5 wins on the season. Forgive me, I'll check the facts next time. I don't follow Iowa football that closely. I just believe what I read on the internet.

Forgive me, I'll check the facts next time. I don't follow Iowa football that closely. I just believe what I read on the internet.

gotcha, no worries

43% of the facts you read on the internet are made up on the spot

Let's just hope the Badgers win and we don't have to worry about OSU. Heading to Indy for the game -- fully expecting to be disappointed, just the way I like it.

I wasn't trying to embellish it. I really thought they had only 5 wins on the season. Forgive me, I'll check the facts next time. I don't follow Iowa football that closely. I just believe what I read on the internet.

That’s my bad then, I thought I’d heard they only had 5 wins, don’t blame SDeacz.

Just as long as the ACC gets a team in there. Then we get a slice of the playoff pay out. I'll be cheering on Wiscy. First to shut up Tosu whiners. the second is Paul Cryst story of working at Camp Randell as a kid and now going for a championship with them. Go Tigers (just this once).

Just as long as the ACC gets a team in there. Then we get a slice of the playoff pay out. I'll be cheering on Wiscy. First to shut up Tosu whiners. the second is Paul Cryst story of working at Camp Randell as a kid and now going for a championship with them. Go Tigers (just this once).

Payouts for the Playoff are split 5 ways between the P5 conferences no matter what conference gets in. Only thing that changes that is if one conference gets 2 teams in the playoff.

ND looks out of the NY6 at #15. Pretty lame they’re behind Washington given the disparate schedules the two have olayed

A Wisconsin loss would send them to the Orange Bowl, and would open up a spot in the Citrus Bowl for the ACC.

I think Pilchard's point matters the most

it would be tough for the committee, of which the SEC representation is a small percentage, to give half the playoff spots to the SEC at the expense of two other Power 5 conferences

not to mention Alabama melted down in their last impression

we should have "third place Saturday" games at noon this weekend featuring some combination of Alabama, Ok St, Penn St, Notre Dame, Washington (maybe let UCF out of their conference champ game to play)

I kid (mostly)

Like the play-in games the Tuesday and Wednesday before the b-ball tournament. Except people might actually watch.

A Wisconsin loss would send them to the Orange Bowl, and would open up a spot in the Citrus Bowl for the ACC.

This is correct. From everything i've read this would probably be good for NCSU, bad for WF. Not really sure why but that's what people are saying.

This is correct. From everything i've read this would probably be good for NCSU, bad for WF. Not really sure why but that's what people are saying.

Sawce? Giglio was very confident we'd get the Belk if the OB takes a Big Ten team

Maybe not bad for Wake but a second spot opening up in Orlando makes it more likely NCSU ends up in Florida somewhere, opening up El Paso. Just makes it more likely that Wake doesn't get Charlotte. I'm going mostly of replies from Giglio the past 24 hours to State fans so definitely a chance I misinterpreted.

Back