• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

If you check your bag or pack light enough to only have a small backpack, you deserve to sit comfortably with nothing in front of your feet. If people didn't jam 50 pounds worth of suitcase into overheads it wouldn't be an issue and everyone's bags would fit fine.

likewise, if airlines didn't start charging to check bags, more people would check

I've only flown Jet Blue 4 or 5 times, and every time there seems to be some sort of delay that has nothing to do with weather - its always some Air Traffic Control issue. Anybody else had this? On the last two Sundays, I was delayed 3 and 4 hours with the plane on the ground - it was crazy. Granted, it was from the same shitty small airport both times - so that could just be the issue.

The morons who really piss me off are the people who insist on milling around the boarding area even though they are in zone 7. Sit the fuck down and get out of the way! It’s even better when they spill out into the main hall so no one can get through

Get out of the way of the ELITES!!

it makes zero sense that checking a bag should be free

Checked bags should be free by subsidizing the people checking their bags through taxing the women who put gigantic purses in the overhead bin with their carry on.

I've got it.
1. Determine the direct + indirect cost of flying the plane from A to B, plus whatever profit the company wants to make.
2. Sell all tickets for fixed price, which covers 50% of this cost+profit.
3. The rest of the cost is divvied among passengers by weight (person + bags); this fee is assessed at the airport and charged to card on file.

tadaaaaa!

I've got it.
1. Determine the direct + indirect cost of flying the plane from A to B, plus whatever profit the company wants to make.
2. Sell all tickets for fixed price, which covers 50% of this cost+profit.
3. The rest of the cost is divvied among passengers by weight (person + bags); this fee is assessed at the airport and charged to card on file.

tadaaaaa!

That sure benefits people who are petite and hurts people who aren’t.

Eat less, airfare budget fits better.

I know it’s a throw away troll, but someone who’s at his optimal weight will weigh more if he’s 6’2” than someone who’s 5’2” and at her optimal weight.

Tough shit. Planes burn fuel based on how much weight there is on board. Short people don't get cheaper tickets at concerts.

Eh, if that’s the case, everyone can just enjoy subsidizing the morbidly obese.

I know it’s a throw away troll, but someone who’s at his optimal weight will weigh more if he’s 6’2” than someone who’s 5’2” and at her optimal weight.
But what if *she's* 6'2" and *he's* 5'2"????

stack people horizontally and you don't have to worry about it

I'm honestly surprised the Spirits and Frontiers of the world haven't figured out a way to create a standing-room only section on flights to cram more people onto the plane.

Back