• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

I'm honestly surprised the Spirits and Frontiers of the world haven't figured out a way to create a standing-room only section on flights to cram more people onto the plane.

Will new standing-up airplane seat design take off?

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F180416135612-skyrider-2-0---aviointeriors3.jpg

Ryanair was all set to do that around 2010, but something prevented it (don't remember, and Google isn't as helpful as usual). Assume it was safety regulations. They were going to sell tickets on short routes for like $10.

I'm going in next week to demand the pap smear I'm paying for.

where do I go for a prostate exam?

...you know how health insurance works, right?

Sure, but I don’t pay more personally because I’m larger than average, yet my appropriate weight.

If I have to pay more because I’m a tall person or everyone pays more because society is obese, I guess let’s keep it as it is.

Sure, but I don’t pay more personally because I’m larger than average, yet my appropriate weight.

If I have to pay more because I’m a tall person or everyone pays more because society is obese, I guess let’s keep it as it is.

right, but you said morbidly obese. not taller than average but appropriate weight.

anyway, my 'suggestion' was not meant to be real. sarcasm 'tadaaaa' doesn't convey well over these internets, or at least not here... where everything is serious.

Tough shit. Planes burn fuel based on how much weight there is on board. Short people don't get cheaper tickets at concerts.

I never really stopped to think about it, but us dwarfs really get screwed when it comes to concerts. There is no justice.

Because they have weak genetics. 500 years ago their parents would have sent them into the woods to die while their normal siblings worked on the farm.

Depending on how small, this probably has no business in the overhead anyway unless the plane is half empty. But neither do backpacks and briefcases.

This was my actual carry-on (which I choose to use sometimes because it can also fit in overheads on smaller regional flights), I also had a backpack which I put at my feet like I was supposed to. The guy in my row put TWO backpacks up top, taking up 2/3 spots, his wife took the third with her roll-aboard. If everyone followed the damn rules there is more than enough space for everyone to get one carry-on in the bin that's actually above their row (on a bigger cross country flight like this was at least).

You are acting like no one else has ever gotten raped on a plane. It's a sad fact, but it is a fact that it has happened.

Back