• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Even when I was thinner, my major problem with airplane seats was my shoulders never fit. Of course, I had the same issue with sports cars.

I've found United and American have the least comfortable sitting areas.

I've always assumed seat recliners didn't realize they were being inconsiderate assholes. I've now learned they just embrace being inconsiderate assholes.

6'3 anti-recliner here. Can't tell you how many times my knees have been smashed by people in front of me. Usually when I am asleep too. I refuse to recline my chair. Wouldn't do that to someone behind me. Maybe if it were a child.....

I'll be having an odd problem next month. I'm heading to Boston and didn't feel like going to LAX. So, I bought a ticket on a "red eye". The problem is it leaves at 8:45PM. Thus, it will be tough to fall asleep for most of the trip. Add to that, it theoretically arrives at 4:45 AM, but most west-to-east non-stop flights arrive 20-40 minutes early.

The newer noise abatement rules in Long Beach are impacting lots of red eye flights.

I'll be having an odd problem next month. I'm heading to Boston and didn't feel like going to LAX. So, I bought a ticket on a "red eye". The problem is it leaves at 8:45PM. Thus, it will be tough to fall asleep for most of the trip. Add to that, it theoretically arrives at 4:45 AM, but most west-to-east non-stop flights arrive 20-40 minutes early.

The newer noise abatement rules in Long Beach are impacting lots of red eye flights.

someone's gonna be on a redeye next to a fat guy next month

not that odd, plenty of flights to Europe from the East Coast that leave around 5:00 and they expect you to try to sleep a few hours after takeoff and dinner service is over

airlines love not giving you things, like drinks on short flights or adequate legroom. they're constantly refreshing their interiors to do the latter. the fact that they continue to keep reclining as a feature means it's ok to do it.

This is 100% correct. Expecting strangers to selflessly sacrifice their comfort to benefit your own is bizarre to me. If a reclined regular coach seat is too uncomfortable to bear sitting behind, then unfortunately you've got to spring for a more expensive seat. Your beef should be with the airlines.

I don't really care about reclining one way or the other. It's not great if the person in front of me reclines, and I don't do it myself, but I just wonder what those three inches of recline really offers in terms of comfort. It seems like it would just piss me off that the seat doesn't recline more.

I was on an American flight Monday night and I reclined. In an unreclined position, the chair had me almost completely vertical - very uncomfortable.

Will also put my backpack in an overhead bin if it is my only carry on. Doesn't matter to me if it fits under my seat or not, I get one space for my bag above and I will use it no matter how big or small it is.

Weird how often we can have the same conversation on the same thread.

6'3 anti-recliner here. Can't tell you how many times my knees have been smashed by people in front of me. Usually when I am asleep too. I refuse to recline my chair. Wouldn't do that to someone behind me. Maybe if it were a child.....

As crappy as United can be, their extended legroom economy seats keep me loyal. I haven’t had to deal with recliners in years.

Hoping no one will be in the middle seat next to me. My shoulders are more of a problem than my middle...hopefully the cart won't be used that much...

We’ve all seen the video, bro

We know what you’re working with

You haven't seen me in a decade.

Keep being a little prick. It makes you look sooooooooooooooooo coooooooooooooooool.

I guess being bullied and mocked most of your life leads you to your internet persona.

Back