• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

I woke my ass up early this morning to check into my Southwest flight at 24 hours on the dot and still ended up at the end of group B. What a waste.

do you live in a connecting city?

in Chicago, I almost always get bad seating since a lot of the flight is connecting through and they check in 24 hours prior to their first leg

still got aisle on the exit row with B56 last week though

no, this is

I guess for the biff-sized manlets of the world, it doesn't matter

I'm like 6'1", 185 lbs, and you can be damn sure I'm reclining on a flight longer than 2 hours, especially if/when the person in front of me reclines. Also have two herniated discs in my low back, which makes it more of a necessity sometimes.

that's cool, but when my knees go up your ass and I'm not subtle about it, don't turn around and complain

that's cool, but when my knees go up your ass and I'm not subtle about it, don't turn around and complain

Seems like this is slightly more of a ban-able offense than using the seats how they were designed to be used, but you do what you need to do.

The only time I've felt really bad about airplane etiquette was when the TV in the headrest was malfunctioning, so I had to push the touch screen really hard to get it to respond. Of course I was hungover and too zoned out to realize that I was constantly jostling the lady's head/neck in front of me.

anti-recliners are the biggest first world whiners. hell, some AA plane's "upright" position basically puts your back at almost vertical; it's untenable

the real issue is the continuously shrinking room to begin with, where my legs are already up in the person in front of me's back before they recline

upon recline, there is literally nowhere for me to put my legs

I don't generally recline - it doesn't help that much anyway. But I feel like I can if I want to - no one seems to hesitate to recline back into MY lap...

Also, I always get an aisle seat so I don't have to climb over other people if I have to get up. And I stand up as soon as the plane lands too! I know I'm not going anywhere for a while but by the time I have been sitting in that cramped seat for hours I need to stand up!

Recliners are the worst. I will push my knees into their back with no hesitation. I don’t really care about early standers as long as their ass isn’t in my face and they aren’t fucking up the deplaning process.

Been mentioned earlier up thread but the people that crowd the gate when it’s nowhere close to their time to board are awful as well.

My buddy designs airline seats. I got drinks with him and and some of his coworkers a few weeks ago. They were all 5’8” or shorter and it all made sense.

A fucking men. I'm getting on a plane in a few minutes for a short flight and i'm going to recline hoping one of you whiners is behind me.

what's the difference between an anti-recliner, a UNC fan, and a puppy?

The puppy eventually stops whining.

airlines love not giving you things, like drinks on short flights or adequate legroom. they're constantly refreshing their interiors to do the latter. the fact that they continue to keep reclining as a feature means it's ok to do it.

Fat people and tall people love to blame their problems on everybody else.

Even when I was thinner, my major problem with airplane seats was my shoulders never fit. Of course, I had the same issue with sports cars.

I've found United and American have the least comfortable sitting areas.

Back