• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Reclining your seat on an airplane is prioritizing yourself and not giving a shit about the other person's comfort. Its selfish. I'm anti recline because I think its polite. I have long legs and it sucks. However, it's there and "legal" so to speak so she had the right to do it.

Having said that the guys behavior is clearly as bad or much worse (as others noted we don't know how it began and was he retaliating to some rudeness on her part). I was disapointed because I would not call that punching. I was expecting haymakers or something. Maybe a little speed bag.

If you're an otherwise courteous traveler, you should feel free to recline at will. The majority of gremlins commit far worse infractions on airplanes (body odor, bad smelling food, shoes/socks off, loud/obnoxious behavior, drunk, constant bathroom needs, etc etc etc).

Reclining your seat on an airplane is prioritizing yourself and not giving a shit about the other person's comfort. Its selfish. I'm anti recline because I think its polite. I have long legs and it sucks. However, it's there and "legal" so to speak so she had the right to do it.

Having said that the guys behavior is clearly as bad or much worse (as others noted we don't know how it began and was he retaliating to some rudeness on her part). I was disapointed because I would not call that punching. I was expecting haymakers or something. Maybe a little speed bag.

why do the airlines offer it then?

If you're an otherwise courteous traveler, you should feel free to recline at will. The majority of gremlins commit far worse infractions on airplanes (body odor, bad smelling food, shoes/socks off, loud/obnoxious behavior, drunk, constant bathroom needs, etc etc etc).

Two wrongs don't make a right. As I said its rude but allowable. You are not evil for doing it. Just acknowledge its selfish.

legacy holdover from when there was much more space between rows and the average height would not have categorized biff as a manlet

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen an ashtray in an airline seat, a true legacy holdover from well past the days when they banned smoking. Airlines are always installing newer, thinner seats yet they all still have the recline button.

IMO Airline should have refunded her ticket price and banned him forever.

Right. Just like turning off the cabin lights. You seem to think it’s weird for reclining to be normal when people are expected to sleep and rude when people are awake.

Right. Just like turning off the cabin lights. You seem to think it’s weird for reclining to be normal when people are expected to sleep and rude when people are awake.

The effect of the recline doesn’t change with the time of day.

And I don’t think it’s rude at any time. It’s literally a built in part of air travel.

all I know is I used to recline, and would like to continue doing it, but the boards have ruined that for me

Reclining is self centered and not cool now that airlines have squeezed all legroom to make more money.

If you recline, you are a dick.

If a passenger, not driver, do you recline while traveling by car with the family? I don’t allow that in my automobile.

Reclining is self centered and not cool now that airlines have squeezed all legroom to make more money.

If you recline, you are a dick.

If a passenger, not driver, do you recline while traveling by car with the family? I don’t allow that in my automobile.

That’s a weird take.

Back