• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Who doesn’t recline their seat in a car?

And how long must a flight be before you are allowed to recline?

all I know is I used to recline, and would like to continue doing it, but the boards have ruined that for me

Not me. I've been emboldened. i can't wait to get on the plane so I can recline while Groups 5 through 20 have to squeeze in around my reclined seat.

Fucking idiot. Remember when you could smoke in restaurants and like 1 in 1,000 people would lean over to your table and ask if you minded if they smoked ?

The effect of the recline doesn’t change with the time of day.

And I don’t think it’s rude at any time. It’s literally a built in part of air travel.

Of course it does. During the day, people are much more likely to be sitting forward or actively using their tray tables. On red eye flights, people are expected to be sleeping.

If someone in front of me reclines, it’s difficult for me to use my laptop. If they recline while I have a food or drink on my tray, it could spill.

Reclining is rude?

If you're an otherwise courteous traveler, you should feel free to recline at will. The majority of gremlins commit far worse infractions on airplanes (body odor, bad smelling food, shoes/socks off, loud/obnoxious behavior, drunk, constant bathroom needs, etc etc etc).

why do the airlines offer it then?

Expecting the person in front of you not to recline is rude.

Not me. I've been emboldened. i can't wait to get on the plane so I can recline while Groups 5 through 20 have to squeeze in around my reclined seat.

manlets, the lot of you

Of course it does. During the day, people are much more likely to be sitting forward or actively using their tray tables. On red eye flights, people are expected to be sleeping.

If someone in front of me reclines, it’s difficult for me to use my laptop. If they recline while I have a food or drink on my tray, it could spill.

holy shit

Reclining is self centered and not cool now that airlines have squeezed all legroom to make more money.

If you recline, you are a dick.

If a passenger, not driver, do you recline while traveling by car with the family? I don’t allow that in my automobile.

you don't allow passengers to [control] their car seats while riding with you?

I would recline or move my seat back as a passenger in a car, but I’d ask the person behind me if they have enough room.

you're named shorty, so this isn't really a problem for you

I don't recline ever if there is a row behind me - the extra lean doesn't help anyway nor is it that much more comfortable, the problem with the seats is legroom and knee room.

You know it is going to happen - if I have comfort or first, I dont care, but if I am in coach, I generally stick my knees against the back of the seat for the first 10 or so minutes after it is allowed so they either think the chair is broken or thats as far as it leans back, sometimes that works, sometimes it doesnt.

i mean, some airlines' seats 'upright' position is physiologically uncomfortable (thanks, American)

indeed the truth shall set us free: this really has nothing to do with civic virtue and everything to do with guys being mildly uncomfortable because they're "tall"

survey says: go fuck yourselves, hypocrites

the intersection between "tall guys who bitch about seat recliners" and "white guys who have fucked up america" has to be pretty significant.

Back