• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Also, isn't Clear a private company whereas TSA Pre and GE are both gov't programs.

I had a long line for PreCheck last Friday morning but got through in 10-15 minutes. Dude was quick. Got to the concourse at 6:40 AM and hadn't eaten or had coffee and there was a line for Starbucks with the promise of opening at 7:30. Bojangles was open with a long line and the bagel place was open. Shitshow all around.

Flying back out of LaGuardia on Monday, the PreCheck line was short but the guy checking credentials was slow as fuck and the scanner personnel were acting like assholes. Took forever. New terminal was nice though.

The view of Citi Field was pretty sweet from the new Delta terminal - not sure if there's more than one new terminal.

Clear can fuck right off. I had clear when it first became a thing and then a week after wife and I renewed they went out of business and said no backsies on our money. I seem to recall it was like $250 each or something like that.

yeah, I shared this prior, but at my main airport, the Ccear line runs adjacent to the pre-check line

the clear folks skip to the front of the line, which it feels like they intentionally understaff (only one TSA agent for pre-check) to drive sales for clear, which has three sales people standing their recruiting people in the pre-check line and making a big show out of them cutting to the front

Clear can fuck right off. I had clear when it first became a thing and then a week after wife and I renewed they went out of business and said no backsies on our money. I seem to recall it was like $250 each or something like that.

what do you mean went out of business?

i'm sure when they go out of business (again?) they delete your eye scans and face scan and fingerprints instead of selling it as part of liquidation/acquisition

The airport is full of people flying all over the place and we’re paying people to stay at home and you can’t even evict them. Meanwhile, I can’t get a fucking $6 cup of coffee at the goddamn airport.

When I fly home into ATL I almost always check my bag because it’s there waiting by the time I get to the baggage claim.

Yeah, but at ATL most gates are like a 2mile walk and a 10 minute train ride from the baggage claim.

Isn't that why he does it?

tenor.gif

Delta does (did?) have some kind of 20 min guarantee for getting your checked bag. They definitely skirt the line of it, even at a small airport like AVL when they have to drive like 100 feet from the plane to the baggage claim.

Maybe, but the post read like he was applauding how great and fast ALT baggage handlers are.

No. The point was that by the time I actually make it to the baggage claim it’s there. And I didn’t have to schlep it through my 2 mile walk and train ride.

I like to have my carry-on roller board with me, because I can put my laptop bag on it and carry nothing for the long walk through the airport

Otherwise I'm schlepping the bag over my shoulder

I am going to finish this year like 2500 miles short of Platinum Pro on American. Huge bummer.

I still have Silver status on Delta I earned in 2019. hopefully will fly enough to keep it up for next year but idk.

Back