• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

I am done on masks on planes, I travel all the time and it sucks. 90% of the people I work with feel the same.

I know a lot of flight attendants who feel the same way. Southwest employees were straight up in celebration mode the last two days.

I was on a flight to San Juan as a kid one time, and our plane straight dropped like 100+ feet coming over a turbulence ridge. Flight attendant got crushed under the beverage cart, people were crying/ thought they were going to die. it was intense and came out of nowhere.

Normally I like turbulence, and am just used to it from flying in small private planes.

Lol epic #humblebrag.

I've only flown Frontier once in my life, to Vegas on my bachelor party, because it was 1/3 the price of American. Experience was generally fine, but as we descended over the mountains into the valley, we straight dropped for what felt like 10-15 seconds, but probably was like 4-5. The older black woman beside my buddy and I, who had been asleep the whole flight, sprung to life and yelled "AWWW HELL NAH I AIN'T GOIN' OUT LIKE THIS". Pretty much the entire plane yelled, and of course tons of people clapped when we landed.

I am one of those weirdos that have an unreasonable fear of flying, but do it anyway. I get super anxious before a flight and turbulence freaks me out. The cool part about being terrified of flying is I have an adrenaline high on the first day of vacation and can go do all kinds of stuff.

yeah, just booked a $750 RT to Fresno from Chicago

I guess gas prices plus pent up demand is really driving these crazy prices

I am done on masks on planes, I travel all the time and it sucks. 90% of the people I work with feel the same.

I know a lot of flight attendants who feel the same way. Southwest employees were straight up in celebration mode the last two days.

they're celebrating because they get to stop telling the rubes to quit acting like children

Airlines, and airline staff, are celebrating this because they never wanted to be in the business of policing it, and now they don't have to. Understandable, for them, especially on maga airlines like SWA.

Airlines, and airline staff, are celebrating this because they never wanted to be in the business of policing it, and now they don't have to. Understandable, for them, especially on maga airlines like SWA.

How is SWA any more “maga” than the rest of them?

this is more action than the airport thread has seen since pre-pandemic

I'm glad that mask restrictions in general are ending (still conflicted about travel and if I will continue to mask or not on planes) but I hate the victory lap that antivax people have been doing lately as if to show that they won the pandemic because they went through it the whole time without getting vaxxed and in many cases not masking and therefore thinking that was the correct way to do things. so when/if Covid starts back up again or god forbid something worse nothing will change their minds.

Lol epic #humblebrag.

I've only flown Frontier once in my life, to Vegas on my bachelor party, because it was 1/3 the price of American. Experience was generally fine, but as we descended over the mountains into the valley, we straight dropped for what felt like 10-15 seconds, but probably was like 4-5. The older black woman beside my buddy and I, who had been asleep the whole flight, sprung to life and yelled "AWWW HELL NAH I AIN'T GOIN' OUT LIKE THIS". Pretty much the entire plane yelled, and of course tons of people clapped when we landed.

I mean getting bounced around in a Cesna 182 isn't that glamourous. But i am keeping the humble brag.

I flew over the last coupe of days and it was about 50/50 mask/no msk. All sorts of gross people sneezing, coughing all over the place on the plane - and it's usually the unmasked who are fat and gross and breathing heavy and coughing. I'm not taking my mask off.

Back