• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

AA suspending all flights to and from Toledo, Dubuque, Ithaca and Islip due to shortage of pilots for their regional planes. This really screws up my travel plans for The Hamptons as I'll have to fly private now.

Why would you not just take a Greyhound up?

I don’t think there’s much the federal government can do to stop airlines from being shitty aside from establishing a government run airline that’s basically USPS for people that operates at a loss and offers good jobs and competitive prices.

we tried that and then deregulated it 1978 years ago, which lead to more airlines and cheaper flights

AA cancelled my flight to Portland ME this morning but didn’t give a reason. Maybe it’s the pilot thing. At least I was able to get on another flight this afternoon, but still super irritating.

I've traveled on American for two trips (one work, one personal) during the past month. On 3 of the 4 "legs" I ended up spending an unexpected night in a city that wasn't a part of my original travel plans. (The 4th "leg" was a redeye from Portland to CLT so I guess redeye's are the way to go these days.)

On the personal trip, our luggage showed up on the 5th day of vacation. Good times.

we tried that and then deregulated it 1978 years ago, which lead to more airlines and cheaper flights

Well maybe we need to try it again to lead to more airlines and cheaper flights. There aren’t many options out there.

AA cancelled my flight to Portland ME this morning but didn’t give a reason. Maybe it’s the pilot thing. At least I was able to get on another flight this afternoon, but still super irritating.

One of my favorite cities. Enjoy!

One of my favorite cities. Enjoy!

My wife’s family is all in Maine and so we’re up here a few times a year. Unfortunately we rarely spend much time actually in Portland. If I can get a night there a year then I consider that a win, but sometimes that doesn’t even work out.

Saw more people actively picking their nose than wearing masks boarding today.

I’m near a Southwest hub (BWI) and it flies nonstop to one of my favorite destinations (PBI). We end up flying SW a lot because of it. Weather over the past week really delayed some of our flights but none of this cancellation bullshit that I’m reading about.

Southwest is very reliable but no first class obviously sucks. Their new planes are pretty nice though.

I’m near a Southwest hub (BWI) and it flies nonstop to one of my favorite destinations (PBI). We end up flying SW a lot because of it. Weather over the past week really delayed some of our flights but none of this cancellation bullshit that I’m reading about.

Southwest is very reliable but no first class obviously sucks. Their new planes are pretty nice though.

In case you ever forget that you’re on a WFU message board.

How many of you people fly first class regularly? I’ve never even gotten a charity luck bump out of economy

In case you ever forget that you’re on a WFU message board.

How many of you people fly first class regularly? I’ve never even gotten a charity luck bump out of economy

I try to because I’m a big dude and I don’t like being mashed into the seats in Main Cabin.

Also, because of how my compensation is calculated if I can work on the flight, I have generally paid for the cost difference.

Used to fly SW a ton when I lived in DC and could get to BWI. But the closest airport to here is GVL and they only fly to ATL which is pointless for me.

Taking an Allegiant nonstop next weekend down to the beach. Will hopefully be better than the usual 8-10 hr drive. Flew them for the first time (and our son’s first ever flight) to Vegas for Christmas and it was fine.

Have we discussed how killer flying out of Greensboro is?

In that you lose the will to live because that airport is so desolate?

Used to fly SW a ton when I lived in DC and could get to BWI. But the closest airport to here is GVL and they only fly to ATL which is pointless for me.

Taking an Allegiant nonstop next weekend down to the beach. Will hopefully be better than the usual 8-10 hr drive. Flew them for the first time (and our son’s first ever flight) to Vegas for Christmas and it was fine.

good luck, that allegiant flight was fine enough for our flight down in march, but then a little snow and the return was cancelled and nearest flight they could get us back on was 3 days later.. so we ended up having to drive 12 hours w/ an infant

Back