• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

I used to get a little anxious about not having an aisle seat for a flight but I've since gotten over it by thinking about people who are being tortured and knowing they've got it worse than I do. So as I sit there with my headphones on and my sweaty testicles are being crushed by my own thighs and I can barely move my legs, I know I'll be done in two hours and It's better than being waterboarded.

eat less thighs fit

i fly first class fairly often, but have truly paid for it zero times.
1. Lots of upgrades due to status
2. Paid at gate $100 for an upgrade occasionally, but only on a long flight
3. Upgrade with miles for flights to Europe

Remind me how this works/how many miles it usually costs, @Diggs.

on american, it's 25k miles + $350 cash to Europe; or 15k miles from a full coach ticket.

How is that possible?! A first class ticket to Europe is basically the equivalent of $600? I paid more than double that for our coach seats.

it's not automatic - they have to have seats available but I have upgraded 5x successfully in the last 5 years.

also that's one way. I fly coach (main cabin extra) on the way back.

so: CLT-CDG was $1300, plus $350 and 25k miles got me in first class for the outbound, coach on the return.

Idk generic Xanax is like 80 cents with my insurance and they give you red wine for free on flights to Europe.

I think I've mentioned this, but my wife and I always book aisle/window and hope that no one is in the middle. Used to work maybe half the time, but not anymore with travel demand/flights being cut. Still no big deal, as anymore will prefer the window over the middle and gladly switch.

But, it's crazy to me that on one of our flights from Greece, with plenty of seats still available, someone has booked and chosen (or I guess was assigned, and has not changed) the middle seat between us. Willfully flying solo in a middle seat for 9.5 hours is serial killer shit.

I think I've mentioned this, but my wife and I always book aisle/window and hope that no one is in the middle. Used to work maybe half the time, but not anymore with travel demand/flights being cut. Still no big deal, as anymore will prefer the window over the middle and gladly switch.

But, it's crazy to me that on one of our flights from Greece, with plenty of seats still available, someone has booked and chosen (or I guess was assigned, and has not changed) the middle seat between us. Willfully flying solo in a middle seat for 9.5 hours is serial killer shit.

we just now go opposite aisles to avoid this.

The problem with aisle seats is every dumbass with a massive carry on and the drink cart slams into you.

The problem with aisle seats is every dumbass with a massive carry on and the drink cart slams into you.

As much as I've flown for work this has rarely been a big deal to me. Surely I've gotten bumped but it almost sounds like you pass a holes all day long...

(I keed I keed)

it's not automatic - they have to have seats available but I have upgraded 5x successfully in the last 5 years.

Ah, I guess no one books "full fare" tickets anymore. Was hoping we'd just have to use 15K miles each. I think another $700 and 50K miles is too rich for our blood. Will go the mako route.

yeah I'd take a middle seat over an aisle seat. In the middle you just spread out and deal with the fact your leg is touching another leg. On the aisle you have to constantly be mindful of not having your leg be too far in the aisle.

yeah I'd take a middle seat over an aisle seat. In the middle you just spread out and deal with the fact your leg is touching another leg. On the aisle you have to constantly be mindful of not having your leg be too far in the aisle.

A++ troll, would read again.

Yeah I think aisle seats are overrated - you can’t really relax when you use the aisle for legroom because of all the drink cart etc encroachments. Plus the fatty ass-brushing from when the hogs hit the restroom. And god forbid your middle seat partner has to get up.

Window’s where it’s at, less disturbances and I can sleep against the side wall.

Yeah I think aisle seats are overrated - you can’t really relax when you use the aisle for legroom because of all the drink cart etc encroachments. Plus the fatty ass-brushing from when the hogs hit the restroom. And god forbid your middle seat partner has to get up.

Window’s where it’s at, less disturbances and I can sleep against the side wall.

Nuh-uh. If the plane sideswipes another plane or a mountain you're toast sitting next to the window.

Back