• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

I haven't taken a cross country redeye since moving to Texas. Those flights take years off your life if you do them regularly.

oh yeah, they are the worst

before my company went full remote and started doing our meetups all over the place.. i was flying out to SF/bay area 3-4 times a year and at least half the time flew back on one of those redeyes.. even a few times a year was too many

Southwest is probably the least evil of the Airlines, but if you travel for business you pretty much have to get locked into one of the big three.

for me, it's a much closer airport for SWA than O'Hare so that's a big part of it

they also have the best non-premium seats for tall people

6:30 PM flight to San Antonio delayed to 7:10, they have us board the plane, then at 7:15 “we are trying to find a copilot hold tight” 8:00 PM we deplane, currently delayed until 9 PM. All for a 40 minute flight. Still no word on copilot.

6:30 PM flight to San Antonio delayed to 7:10, they have us board the plane, then at 7:15 “we are trying to find a copilot hold tight” 8:00 PM we deplane, currently delayed until 9 PM. All for a 40 minute flight. Still no word on copilot.

“Oh shit we actually need someone to fly this thing?”

Flying out to Texas this week the flight attendant asked if anyone on the flight spoke Korean to turn on their light. No clue what it was all about but we landed safely.

under 4 hours, reclining is not acceptable. Over 4 hours, reclining is fine unless you are in front of me.

Flight from lax to vegas delayed an hour. Might miss my steakhouse dinner and pretzel bread. Not pleased

i have no idea what that means but i don't fly southwest or spirit

Hertz presidents circle, which ya get free with the capital one venture X, is pretty dope. No counter to stop at at all, just pick a car from where the screen tells you and ya give them your ID on your way out

i don't want to spoil it for you but that's pretty much the entire business model for national, avis, etc - with no cost

Hertz presidents circle, which ya get free with the capital one venture X, is pretty dope. No counter to stop at at all, just pick a car from where the screen tells you and ya give them your ID on your way out
You don’t even need to be President’s Circle to skip the counter at Hertz - just have to sign up for Gold Plus and have your DL and CC on file (depending on the airport - GSO, for example, requires everyone to go to the counter). President’s Circle is pretty good for upgrades though.

Edit: Barca beat me to it.

palma is like those people in the State Farm commercials who think they're getting a special rate.

Back