• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One gotta go

Here today gone tomorrow

• Total voters
lol @ the consensus on cake going when cookies are right there lol y'all are wild

I expect to be a minority on this, but I'm dropping pie. If I want pie crust I'll just make some flaky biscuits or something. Plenty of other ways to eat fruit or pudding (er, chocolate pie).

Cookies and Ice Cream are my only non-negotiables. Don't make me choose between those.

I expect to be a minority on this, but I'm dropping pie. If I want pie crust I'll just make some flaky biscuits or something. Plenty of other ways to eat fruit or pudding (er, chocolate pie).

Cookies and Ice Cream are my only non-negotiables. Don't make me choose between those.
Next time u come to dc we’re dropping $200 at Milkbar and trying the pie, cake, cookies, and ice cream side by side to determine once and for all which one gotta go

Next time u come to dc we’re dropping $200 at Milkbar and trying the pie, cake, cookies, and ice cream side by side to determine once and for all which one gotta go
Milkbar cake is just ok. Eat good cake for a comparison.

i'm marrying an ex-pastry chef so throwing cake out would just be insane

ur gonna make your decision based on a chain's desserts?

though i will say the classic milkbar "pie" is one of the few pies I really like, and most of their cookies sound good on paper but end up being meh

it eats less like a pie though and more like a gooey bar (and those are really closer to cakes), so I'm not even sure I can put that squarely in the pie category

Dumping cake. I don't count cheesecake or tiramisu as cakes. Cheesecake is more of a custard pie and tiramisu is closer to a trifle.

Not on the list, but I would keep doughnuts over all of them.

lol @ the consensus on cake going when cookies are right there lol y'all are wild
you need more good cookies in your life, also the only dessert on that list you can grab'n'go and don't need utensils and plates to eat

dropping pie, i'll just eat cobbler if I want a top tier fruit-based dessert

also we have 100% done this dessert thread/discussion before 😂

This sounds like a great plan.

I've tried to replicate those cornflake marshmallow cookies at home and failed spectacularly. Though this has me thinking I should try again soon.

That pie is a game changer, so I see what u are doing here. I think pies like that and key lime would be the most difficult for me to give up.

you need more good cookies in your life, also the only dessert on that list you can grab'n'go and don't need utensils and plates to eat

dropping pie, i'll just eat cobbler if I want a top tier fruit-based dessert
That pie u whipped up for thanksgiving a few years back also a top tier pie in my life. I'll miss it.

This sounds like a great plan.

I've tried to replicate those cornflake marshmallow cookies at home and failed spectacularly. Though this has me thinking I should try again soon.

That pie is a game changer, so I see what u are doing here. I think pies like that and key lime would be the most difficult for me to give up.
Is it? It's just putting this in a pie form: https://www.garnishandglaze.com/gooey-butter-cake-recipe/

imo desserts really should be enjoyed/savored so grab and go isn't really a benny for me

here's a hot take for you: cookie (graham cracker) crust >>>> regular pie crust. and my wife makes a great pie crust using her grandmother's recipe. but that might just be due to key lime pie being my favorite dessert. my wife also makes a killer fruit tart, which is basically a giant sugar cookie with pastry cream and fruit on top.

Back