• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One gotta go

Here today gone tomorrow

• Total voters
yah I mean I'm definitely bitter about one bad purchase decision, but the shit they're selling in grocery stores is bottom tier stuff

i've also ordered the cookies online and they're middling when delivered/purchased via that avenue, the milkbar pie is really the only thing I enjoy eating consistently

never had their ice cream, don't think they had that yet when I first tried them in vegas
Some crazy yuppie parent here bought milkbar birthday cake and cookies for their 2 year old’s bday, and it was pretty excellent

I expect to be a minority on this, but I'm dropping pie. If I want pie crust I'll just make some flaky biscuits or something. Plenty of other ways to eat fruit or pudding (er, chocolate pie).

Cookies and Ice Cream are my only non-negotiables. Don't make me choose between those.
How are you planning on consuming pecans now?

Pecan pie is the greatest dessert ever.

How are you planning on consuming pecans now?

Pecan pie is the greatest dessert ever.

My grandmother made a mean Pecan pie, but I still always felt like the amount of sugar in Pecan pie makes Pecan a lame accessory vs. the star of the show.

I'll consume some homemade candied pecans either by themselves or in a salad w/goat cheese and pears.

My grandmother made a mean Pecan pie, but I still always felt like the amount of sugar in Pecan pie makes Pecan a lame accessory vs. the star of the show.

I'll consume some homemade candied pecans either by themselves or in a salad w/goat cheese and pears.
Hard for me to disagree with the 2nd paragraph. That’s a great salad.

you could just spoon sugar right out of the sack and skip all the rest

French toast is disgusting, man.
Disgusting is a strong word - may I ask what about it disgusts you? There are a lot of foods I don't particularly like, but I can't think of many that actually disgust me. Certainly not French toast.

Remember on the early years of Chopped when every dessert was either french toast or bread pudding

Remember on the early years of Chopped when every dessert was either french toast or bread pudding
On those early seasons there would always be a goon who'd try to make ice cream and fuck it up too. That definitely tapered off once everyone figured out it was a bad move.

On those early seasons there would always be a goon who'd try to make ice cream and fuck it up too. That definitely tapered off once everyone figured out it was a bad move.

Oh yeah. And the eps where both of them want to make ice cream but one beat the other to the ice cream machine. So the other either panics, waits, or both.

Back