• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

"Witnesses watched in horror as Harpham picked his victims off. One of them, the bicyclist, pleaded for his life before being killed.

"I heard the (young man) say, 'Don't shoot me! Don't shoot me!' " Naomi Bettis, a neighbor who witnessed the killing, said Monday.

Bettis said she recognized the gunman as her neighbor — whom she didn't know by name — and that before the initial slaying she saw him roaming outside with a rifle. She called 911 to report the man, but a dispatcher explained that Colorado has an open carry law that allows public handling of firearms"

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29059452/colorado-springs-police-confronted-shot-gunman-minutes

Super helpful, open carry law. Dude can just roam the street with a rifle and police aren't going to do a damn thing about it. You want the wild west, you get the wild west. (Sadly, I think a lot, if not most, NRA members/gun nuts don't give a shit about protecting themselves or their families, they just want an excuse to shoot somebody).

Also, this article about smart guns blows my mind -- the NRA should be in favor of smart guns for its responsible gun owners, but instead, of course, they take the position that is the opposite of smart and their supporters threaten to blow up any store that dares to sell a smart gun.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/10/smart-guns-new-jersey-law

Retweeted Jason Stanford (@JasStanford):
A GOP state rep in Texas says we can't have Syrian refugees in Texas because it'd be too easy for them to get guns.

A GOP state rep in Texas says we can't have Syrian refugees in Texas because it'd be too easy for them to get guns.

Now that's funny.

well, they could just go buy their guns here:

The Republican Party and its media lackeys need to quit fomenting acts of domestic terrorism. Enough is enough.

Back