• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Personally I am pretty much done with some aspects of the constitution. The UK doesn’t have a bill of rights and they’ve done ok as a society. Let’s get rid of the guns and let’s limit violently-racist speech.

Yep. Electoral College, 2nd Amendment, whatever the fuck gives Moscow Mitch and Barr the ability to do what they’re doing. It’s a sham.

One argument I could see against shutting down the sites is that they are a potentially extremely useful surveillance tool.

Yeah. Virtual roach motels.

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook. She's a black woman in her 40s in NC.

68505379_10156333619286551_8560157222959579136_o.jpg

This dude is trying to overcompensate for other areas he’s coming up short.

Personally I am pretty much done with some aspects of the constitution. The UK doesn’t have a bill of rights and they’ve done ok as a society. Let’s get rid of the guns and let’s limit violently-racist speech.

but but but it was written down 200 years ago so it must be true

This dude is trying to overcompensate for other areas he’s coming up short.

I think if we can come up with fake breasts , we should be able to invent fake penises. That and a pill that prevents ya from climaxing before 5 minutes would effectively end alotta white dude angst

The Constitution is like the Bible for some people. Question it and you are unpatriotic and treasonous.

I think if we can come up with fake breasts , we should be able to invent fake penises. That and a pill that prevents ya from climaxing before 5 minutes would effectively end alotta white dude angst

Well it won’t get the incels laud, so doesn’t solve that

I don't know, I think shutting down all those websites would matter more than any other action we can take. The random asshat isn't going to find people in his high school that encourage agree with him it's cool to shoot up a walmart. These weapons existed in the 70's and 80's and this never happened. It's happening because of the internet.

It’s hard to know where to even start with this. The short answer is no, this isn’t the problem. The problem is that we have more guns than people. It’s all about the guns.

We have always had crazy people. John Hinckley Jr shot the president to impress Jodie Foster. Charles Manson. Jim Jones killed 900 people with poisoned kool aid. Crazy has always been around and always will. It’s not going anywhere, with or without internet chat rooms.

Of the 25 worst shootings in the US, 8 were 1980 or earlier. There are more shootings now, but it’s not driven by the internet. It’s driven by the massive number of guns in the US.

It’s hard to know where to even start with this. The short answer is no, this isn’t the problem. The problem is that we have more guns than people. It’s all about the guns.

We have always had crazy people. John Hinckley Jr shot the president to impress Jodie Foster. Charles Manson. Jim Jones killed 900 people with poisoned kool aid. Crazy has always been around and always will. It’s not going anywhere, with or without internet chat rooms.

Of the 25 worst shootings in the US, 8 were 1980 or earlier. There are more shootings now, but it’s not driven by the internet. It’s driven by the massive number of guns in the US.

I think anyone rational agrees with getting rid of the guns. Let's just do that and get rid of the crazy 8chan white supremacy websites at the same time and be doubly safe.

I think anyone rational agrees with getting rid of the guns. Let's just do that and get rid of the crazy 8chan white supremacy websites at the same time and be doubly safe.

yeah, and let's throw in open borders, free medical care for everyone, and the Green New Deal to make it all work flawlessly

(making sure the crystals are properly lined up while we tax the hell out of anyone who makes more than us couldn't hurt either)

yeah, and let's throw in open borders, free medical care for everyone, and the Green New Deal to make it all work flawlessly

(making sure the crystals are properly lined up while we tax the hell out of anyone who makes more than us couldn't hurt either)

I like the way Snrub thinks!

I left out free tuition and education loan debt forgiveness, but those can, of course, be assumed at this point

can all debt forgiveness, world-wide, of course (let's be fair and not nationalistic), be far behind - tax the rich and no problem

and who's in for free drugs and free beer for everyone (Mormons excepted)? raise your hands, and don't be slow about it! (hell, the next properly compassionate step - especially for Wake basketball fans - will be government paying you to take free drugs and drink free beer)

when it comes to spending other people's money, I can out compassion anyone on these boards (as long as the other people's money lasts, of course)

I left out free tuition and education loan debt forgiveness, but those can, of course, be assumed at this point

can all debt forgiveness, world-wide, of course (let's be fair and not nationalistic), be far behind - tax the rich and no problem

and who's in for free drugs and free beer for everyone (Mormons excepted)? raise your hands, and don't be slow about it! (hell, the next properly compassionate step - especially for Wake basketball fans - will be government paying you to take free drugs and drink free beer)

when it comes to spending other people's money, I can out compassion anyone on these boards (as long as the other people's money lasts, of course)

You think getting rid of Nazi ideology leads to all this?

Back