• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

I may have missed it, but are you making suggestions for concreate actions that I could take to protect Mako et al., besides try and get reasonable politicians elected into office and donate to "Our Town USA", etc.? Our system of governance gives us very little control.

National strike starting Monday until AR-15’s are federally banned? You in?

What do Republicans mean when they say "address mental health"? They are demonstrably not pro public health care, and given their party's increased Nazi rhetoric, it's not that hard to imagine that they don't mean "concentration camp for anyone who isn't neurotypical".

I eagerly await Gov Abbot’s robust plan to strengthen access to mental health care in schools through things like social-emotional learning.

(transposed from a tweet)

gun laws don't work, zero proof, if you don't include the following:

Japan
U.K.
Belgium
Canada
Iceland
Romania
Norway
Austria
Argentina
Netherlands
South Korea
Italy
Greece
Chile
France
Spain
Sweden
Singapore
Portugal
Israel
Czechia
Denmark
Taiwan
Switzerland
Poland
Germany
Luxembourg
Malta
Australia
Estonia
Croatia
New Zealand
Ireland
Slovakia
Latvia
Slovenia
San Marion
Andorra
Monaco
Lithuania

I eagerly await Gov Abbot’s robust plan to strengthen access to mental health care in schools through things like social-emotional learning.

He stopped all rapes in Texas, so I think he can handle it.

they'll get on that right after they finalize their program for low-cost adoptions

What do Republicans mean when they say "address mental health"? They are demonstrably not pro public health care, and given their party's increased Nazi rhetoric, it's not that hard to imagine that they don't mean "concentration camp for anyone who isn't neurotypical".

It means they have someone to blame while not addressing the real problem.

I'm 68 and balled like a baby when I watched a Sandy Hook mom interviewed last night. 10 fuckin years ago and not one thing has changed. Except that it seems very easy to get an assault weapon. I can't imagine what it would feel like to learn that an "active shooter" is at your kid's school, or in my case, one of my granddaughter's school.

i'll confess to not following this thread every week, so I have missed why Brasky is so angry with EVERYONE.

Brasky: what are your suggested actions? I'm all for stepping up pressure. Strike on Mondays? something else?

Conservative:. If we had taken the money we've sent the Ukraine and spent it on school security, each school could have $400,000.

Since Brasky hasn't personally organized this national strike yet I guess he is just all talk.

Any reactionary plan that still requires working within this two party political framework is waste of brain cells, you’re pissing in the wind thinking Democrats and Republicans are going to solve this together. Only way that anything changes for the better is if one or both parties are destroyed

This system of government created this problem, don’t expect it to fix it.

Seems logical if you want gun control to vote for the party that would install favorable laws and judges but I don't really get leftist logic about alot of things.

Seems logical if you want gun control to vote for the party that would install favorable laws and judges but I don't really get leftist logic about alot of things.

Right, Biden would sign any and all gun control measures that come across his desk today. But we need 10 more reasonable senators (or at least 2 more to repeal the filibuster) so in addition to a super useful national strike, maybe spend some time and money supporting senate candidates that pledge to support gun control no matter what, even ending the filibuster.

Last edited:
I don't really get logic about alot of things.

Yeah. If you weren’t so busy having fun with your electoralism fantasy game you would recognize that this stalemate is intractable and the only way out is to reconfigure. All your whimpering about leftists voting for Dems is just begging us to pull the knot tighter for you when we are trying to untie it.

Back