• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Gun nuts are like elderly shut ins when it comes to getting duped out of money for things you don't need.

married dad?

why not "tax paying married dad with a nice 401k and decent health insurance"

Did you ever mention that you were in favor of restricting an American child's 2nd amendment rights?

If so, can you link it?

You have a PHD I assume, so really? 41K posts, you must be proud of that...

Jacksonville has had a spike in shootings this year and the Sheriff essentially came out and said "As long as you aren't buying or selling illegal drugs you'll be fine."

In Washington state, gun reformers plot to circumvent skittish lawmakers

So when a new group called the Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility formed in 2013 and wanted to try something novel, Stumbo agreed to step even further into the fray. She became the citizen sponsor of Initiative 594, a measure that takes the issue of background checks straight to the voters by putting it on the ballot in November.

Initiative 594 would extend background checks to gun shows and online sales as well as transfers, exempting those between immediate family members, law enforcement officials and several kinds of loans, such as for lawful hunting or personal safety.

But gun violence activists in Washington state will have their work cut out for them during the next month. Opponents of 594 have launched Initiative 591, a diametrically opposing proposal that would ban background checks in the absence of a federal standard and furthermore, outlaw government confiscation of guns.

In an election year paradox, polling has showed that both initiatives may pass, although 594 appears to have more robust support.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/josh-horwitz/the-racial-double-standar_b_5957816.html

"One week ago, in an op-ed for the far right wing website World Net Daily, National Rifle Association (NRA) Board Member Ted Nugent commented on the violence that has made national headlines in Ferguson, Missouri, and stated, "The overwhelming majority of violent crime across America is conducted by young, black males who, sadly, are on the self-inflicted expressway to prison or an early grave-or more often than not, both."

Where to begin... For starters, Nugent has blatantly misstated the facts. In truth, more whites are arrested for violent crime in the United States than blacks (even though African Americans are arrested for such crimes at a higher rate than whites). There are multiple socioeconomic and structural causes that increase an individual's propensity for violent behavior. Pigmentation is simply not a factor."

Has anybody seen anything from the NRA on John Crawford? You'd think a man killed for carrying a toy gun in an open carry state would be a huge cause for them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/josh-horwitz/the-racial-double-standar_b_5957816.html

"One week ago, in an op-ed for the far right wing website World Net Daily, National Rifle Association (NRA) Board Member Ted Nugent commented on the violence that has made national headlines in Ferguson, Missouri, and stated, "The overwhelming majority of violent crime across America is conducted by young, black males who, sadly, are on the self-inflicted expressway to prison or an early grave-or more often than not, both."

Where to begin... For starters, Nugent has blatantly misstated the facts. In truth, more whites are arrested for violent crime in the United States than blacks (even though African Americans are arrested for such crimes at a higher rate than whites). There are multiple socioeconomic and structural causes that increase an individual's propensity for violent behavior. Pigmentation is simply not a factor."

"In a 1977 High Times article, Nugent stated that he took crystal meth and defecated in his pants in order to avoid being drafted into the Vietnam War.[28] Nugent reaffirmed this in a 1990 interview with Detroit Free Press, stating that "...a week before his physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked with excrement and urine." [29] In other interviews, Nugent has denied this claim, stating that he dodged the draft by enrolling at Oakland Community College to get a student deferment. However, his Selective Service classification record shows ratings of 1-Y and 4-F for 1969 and 1972 respectively, indicating ineligibility for military service under established physical, mental, or moral standards, rather than student deferment."

Nothing says true American hero badass like taking meth and shitting on yourself for a week to get out of military service.

Forgive me if I don't give a fuck what this coward says regarding anything other than Cat Scratch Fever.

Last edited:
You and I both know it takes a metal lathe, a few other pieces, and a couple of hours to take a semi-auto to fully-auto. People are buying the chassis so to speak.

This is fantastic. My response that you quoted was to a post that contained a link to a poorly written, poorly worded, and research deficient article. That was it.

Are you implying that anyone who purchases or owns a semiauto rifle is intent on turning them into full auto?

And no, I do not know what it takes to do that, because I am not a machinist, do not own a lathe, and have never looked at the plans to do so. Do you really think the custom gunmakers or gunsmiths who own lathes would do that kind of work and actually risk their lives and careers to turn out auto sears and such?

"In a 1977 High Times article, Nugent stated that he took crystal meth and defecated in his pants in order to avoid being drafted into the Vietnam War.[28] Nugent reaffirmed this in a 1990 interview with Detroit Free Press, stating that "...a week before his physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked with excrement and urine." [29] In other interviews, Nugent has denied this claim, stating that he dodged the draft by enrolling at Oakland Community College to get a student deferment. However, his Selective Service classification record shows ratings of 1-Y and 4-F for 1969 and 1972 respectively, indicating ineligibility for military service under established physical, mental, or moral standards, rather than student deferment."

Nothing says true American hero badass like taking meth and shitting on yourself for a week to get out of military service.

Forgive me if I don't give a fuck what this coward says regarding anything other than Cat Scratch Fever.

Says a lot about Greg Abbott, the next Governor of Texas, and Texas itself, that Abbot's campaign had Nugent campaign with Abbott. None of that stuff about Nugent is new or unknown, but Abbott still appeared with Nugent. Nice staff and vetting, Chief!

This is fantastic. My response that you quoted was to a post that contained a link to a poorly written, poorly worded, and research deficient article. That was it.

Are you implying that anyone who purchases or owns a semiauto rifle is intent on turning them into full auto?

And no, I do not know what it takes to do that, because I am not a machinist, do not own a lathe, and have never looked at the plans to do so. Do you really think the custom gunmakers or gunsmiths who own lathes would do that kind of work and actually risk their lives and careers to turn out auto sears and such?

Yes, that's exactly what I was implying....and yeah, I think custom gunsmiths would risk their lives and careers to convert a firearm from semi to auto...and yeah, I forgot that attempting to have any sort of discussion with you about firearms is stupid.

I'm deleting my previous post so that the focus stays on Ted Nugent being a douche.

Last edited:
Back