• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Every school in our system has an SRO on duty at all times, but all but the middle schools are built in the old 60s style spread campus with multiple buildings and kids all over the place at all times so it’s pretty much indefensible. We don’t allow kids to carry book bags fwiw.

I’ve seen a lot of the whole “we protect every other institution besides schools with guns” meme today which is just patently untrue. There’s an armed police officer on just about every public school in America at all times.

It's all deflection away from any criticism of precious gun culture

brasky's anger to the murder of almost 20 children is legitimate imo

not surprised by the reactions to it

I have been in schools that were like entering minimum security prisons. I have my doubts that would make a difference if some killer targeted them.

It’s wild how many times I’ve seen something along these lines posted on social media. Just so insanely short sighted.

Republicans are always posting shit like this on Facebook or other social media, and not just after school shootings. Another similar theme is "why are sending taxpayer money to some worthless [name foreign country/region] when we should be spending that money on our veterans here at home who need it?" Or homeless people, unemployed small-town people, etc. And of course these are the same folks who also complain about our record deficits and welfare queens and people on food stamps and so forth. They have no intention of actually spending that money we're sending to Ukraine on anyone or anything here.

Not to mention that the same people yelling for more school security don't want to pay to repair or renovate old school buildings in their city/county that are falling apart and see public schools as failures anyway. Call me skeptical, but I don't see people who don't care if the water in schools is rusty brown actually being willing to spend more money on school security.

Republicans are always posting shit like this on Facebook or other social media, and not just after school shootings. Another similar theme is "why are sending taxpayer money to some worthless [name foreign country/region] when we should be spending that money on our veterans here at home who need it?" Or homeless people, unemployed small-town people, etc. And of course these are the same folks who also complain about our record deficits and welfare queens and people on food stamps and so forth. They have no intention of actually spending that money we're sending to Ukraine on anyone or anything here.

Not to mention that the same people yelling for more school security don't want to pay to repair or renovate old school buildings in their city/county that are falling apart and see public schools as failures anyway. Call me skeptical, but I don't see people who don't care if the water in schools is rusty brown actually being willing to spend more money on school security.

This is spot on. It's the same when republicans talk about "it's not a gun issue but a mental health issue". But the same republicans would vote against every bill that would spend money expanding access to mental health treatments. The entire talking point is nothing but a bunch of hypocrisy aimed at raking in millions from the NRA and gun manufacturers and pandering to their gun worshiping base.

I think both are legitimate forms of feeling in the wake of this

If you haven't figure it out the personal feelings of the Chris L's and Shoo's and millions of others like them, matter more than anything else. Their entire existence is built around making themselves feel like they're a good person, although they do little to nothing to actually help anybody else outside of themselves and their families.

It the disease of Liberalism and why authoritarianism usually defeats it. You can only promise everything and deliver nothing for so long, before people tune you out.

Our only chance as a nation is the Left moving rapidly in that direction. Liberals are not an effective opposition to Fascism, it too weak. This isn't Barry Goldwater's Republican Party anymore. Either the Democrats need to radicalize, or the rest of us need to leave them behind.

TLDR: Stop being cowards, it is well past time to start fighting these fuckers, decorum be damned. Whatever it takes.

Last edited:
Yes the far left has a great historical record at fighting fascism.

Yes the far left has a great historical record at fighting fascism.

I guess your excuse is that Big Libs like you only took business classes? That Wake degree is in the mud.

giphy.gif

There is no depth low enough for these cretins

About as dumb as most of the stuff you post.

Oh poor Cwiss doesn’t understand his history. Or he chooses not, to be fair it is much easier to live in ignorance.

Do I need to post MLK’s quote about white moderates next?

You can go back to your bubble, your T’s and P’s are noted, feel free to post them on Facebook. Gotta rack up those Liberal brownie points.

Male entitlement at its peak. Acting like a dick because you can bc of no consequences

Buddy I’m happy to give you a hug or beat your fucking ass, whatever it takes to get you and your kind to wake the fuck up. I’m done being nice. Nice doesn’t work against gun toting Fascists.

If being a dick on these boards causes you to spend one extra second thinking about how we solve this national trauma, then it was worth it.

You don’t have to engage, it’s your choice. But if you do, I’m done patting your heads and telling you it’s going to be okay.

Back