• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

We’ll see if her attitude changes on guns. Republicans are famously uncaring until something affects them directly.

We’ll see if her attitude changes on guns. Republicans are famously uncaring until something affects them directly.
I doubt it will change. She'll visit the town, furl her brow with concern at press conferences and lament the loss of life, hug the survivors in front of TV cameras, evade any direct questions about gun control, and will leave having done nothing. Or in other words, she'll just do what she's done in nearly every crisis she's faced as a Senator - nothing of substance.

Dang, they still haven't caught this guy. This is a scary one, he seems to combine very well trained with, let's just say mentally disturbed.

Guys, it's too soon to be discussing this. Thoughts and prayers only the first 48 hours, the second 48 hours, and the subsequent years after those critical first 96 hours of T's & P's. Let's get to work!

Steve scalise actually got shot and it changed nothing. That party is fucking gone when it comes to guns.
The most interesting thing to me about that incident is that his life was saved by an EMT/officer (don't remember the exact details of her profession), who is a lesbian, and he then turned around and voted against marriage equality, and also kept his stance on guns.

It's just bizarre.

Dude could wander into Canada.
If he tries to he's definitely dying in the woods. I have family way up in Aroostook County, probably 15-20 miles on a straight line to the border, and unless you have serious experience and are well supplied you're not making it very far especially at this time of year.

But this also means that if he strikes out into the wilderness they might not find him.

The most interesting thing to me about that incident is that his life was saved by an EMT/officer (don't remember the exact details of her profession), who is a lesbian, and he then turned around and voted against marriage equality, and also kept his stance on guns.

It's just bizarre.
Are you familiar with what money is?

If he tries to he's definitely dying in the woods. I have family way up in Aroostook County, probably 15-20 miles on a straight line to the border, and unless you have serious experience and are well supplied you're not making it very far especially at this time of year.

But this also means that if he strikes out into the wilderness they might not find him.

yeah, a lot of maine wildnerness is actually pretty shitty to hike around in. lots of dense underbrush, rocky, and especially in warm fall when the bugs are back out in force

the other thing is there are only a few major routes to canada from Lewiston, closest would be through Jackman which is a straight corridor two lane road. Otherwise you'd have to hike overland for probably a day or two through absolute wilderness from Rangeley.

i would imagine he went towards he probably didn't make a run for the northern border b/c again, it's like one way to get there

Last edited:
Back