• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

I think the thought is (and it isn't my thought but what others have said) that if you send your 6/7/8 year old daughter into the McD's restroom now and some dude runs in there, then everyone outside the bathroom knows that something is going on and reacts accordingly to get him out before the peeping or exposure happens. If the same dude goes in there under the CLT ordinance, then he gets the benefit of the doubt that he can be in there.

No. He doesn't.

Damn...didn't think this was going to impact the economy of NC at all...where is all this animosity coming from over a bill that supports freedom?

SAD!

I don't think most people care about or want to think about what makes someone transgender. What if he/she is just not playing dress-up that day? Does he/she go into the mens room or the ladies room?
I worked with a transgender dude for a few years. He would dress like a dude to work during the week (other than the painted nails), but at night and weekends he would dress as "Tara" (which freaked the fuck out of the real Tara in the office who he wanted to be, but that is a different story). So he is a dude who identifies more as a woman, but is dressing like a dude. So which one is he supposed to go into at work? My thought would be the men's room, which is what he did do. And shockingly nobody was waiting in there to beat the shit out of him for all those years. But you propose he go into the women's room dressed like a dude because he more identified as a woman?
How is the actual lady in the ladies' room supposed to know that the person dressed as a dude in there identifies more as a woman and that is why he is in there?

dressing in drag doesn't necessarily make you trans, fwiw.

I didn't have a whole lot of regard for your opinion on these types of issues before this thread, but you're really hitting a new level of douchery with your comments like the ones bolded above. It is enlightening to realize just how stubbornly small-minded people can be regarding lives and experiences different from their own, though, so thanks for that, or something.

How is the actual lady in the ladies' room supposed to know that the person dressed as a dude in there identifies more as a woman and that is why he is in there?

I just want to reiterate what about half a dozen people here are already pointing out -- you've got this thing completely backwards in your head. Under the Charlotte ordinance, an "actual lady" (to use your term) in the ladies room would probably have no idea she was peeing next to a trans woman (born male, transitioned female) unless she saw a penis or looked really closely at his square jaw or fake breasts. Now, under HB2, a trans man (born female, transitioned male) with his beard and his beer belly and his trucker hat is REQUIRED BY LAW to pee in the women's room. The only explanation for your confusion has to be either ignorance to what a transgender person is (and looks like) or you just don't care.

For some reason I doubt that a "dude that identifies more as a woman" is going to start using the opposite sex bathroom until they have begun transitioning. Which means taking estrogen. Which means they won't look like a dude anymore.

I think republicans think that trans people are just cross dressers.
Many, if not most trans people look like cross dressers. The expectation that a trans person has to be fully transitioned, for their identity to be legitimate, is wrong. It's very expensive to physically transition and it takes a lot of time. Many trans people actually don't feel the need to make all those changes.

Womens bathrooms are just fucking stalls anyway, who gives a fuck about genitalia in there? It's not like all these innocent Christian girls are all squating over a trough and are scared of a dong being whipped out.

Remind me to bring up this revolutionary "if we can prevent one assault" defense on the gun violence thread, let's see how that argument flies for all the 2nd amendment advocates.

Last edited:
I love NC. It has me heart.

But the state deserves this. It's become a pathetic Deep South bastion of bigotry and ignorance. I hope every 21st century company in the state leaves and makes it start over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many, if not most trans people look like cross dressers. The expectation that a trans person has to be fully transitioned, for their identity to be legitimate, is wrong. It's very expensive to physically transition and it takes a lot of time. Many trans people actually don't feel the need to make all those changes.

To clarify this a little bit, I think that many transgender women might look like cross dressers, but most trans men do not at all.

I love NC. It has me heart.

But the state deserves this. It's become a pathetic Deep South bastion of bigotry and ignorance. I hope every 21st century company in the state leaves and makes it start over.

Bro, you live in Texas.

I realize you're merely pointing out someone else's concern, but it's important to know that laws already exist for (1) peeping on another person in a bathroom and (2) indecent exposure, and both would be applicable in the case of male perv in a female bathroom.

And, similarly and just as important, assault and battery laws already exist preventing people from and punishing people for beating someone up, whether in a bathroom or anywhere else, whether because they look like the "wrong" gender or for any other reason.

Look, I've said about 10 times that I'm against HB2 and think it is stupid and should be repealed for a variety of reason. But, I also think that the CLT ordinance is equally as stupid and doesn't address the fears of the left in the same way it doesn't justify the fears of the right; all it does is serve as a lightening rod for something it doesn't even address. This is what the CLT ordinance boils down to:

1. Threatening or beating up someone in a bathroom is already illegal, regardless of what bathroom someone goes into or whether they do or don't have a dick. Despite that current legal status, trannies (a very small percentage of the population) wanted additional provisions that allow them to go into whichever bathroom they feel most comfortable (whether justified or not).

2. Perving someone in a bathroom is already illegal. Despite that current legal status, some people want only people people of the same natural-born sex in the bathroom with them and their kids, because that makes them feel more comfortable (whether justified or not).

3. The CLT ordinance is not about assault or perving on either side, it is solely about the comfort of the individual covered by it. That's it. It doesn't create a hate crime or protected class or anything else actually meaningful.

4. By accommodating the comfort of those in #1, it has the effect of ignoring the comfort of those in #2 and making them uncomfortable. It prioritizes #1 over #2 (no pun intended). So it isn't providing equal anything, it is emphasizing the comfort of one group over another, which by definition promotes inequality.

So, as I've said several times, the CLT ordinance is simply a hyped up millennial "hey look at us, we're so different and unique and special that our comfort is more important than yours" statement. That's it. It was completely unnecessary from an actual (criminal) protection standpoint, and only serves to divide people by prioritizing the comfort of some over the comfort of others.

Last edited:
why do you continue to use the pejorative "trannies"?

Oh boy, here come the PC Pussy Police! Let's get one thing straight - you tried to take away my freedom to call you a faggot, but you'll never take away my God-given right to call out a trannie.

I know people are real hung up on the bathroom part of the bill, but the real tragedy is that ability to legally discriminate on the basis of sexuality.

Back