• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Had one of these last weekend and it was fantastic.

7nX38pG.jpg

Also had a Hop Drop and Roll which was very good.

One of my favorites. You should get some Jacobins in you:

evybere8.jpg

120 is my favorite but I prefer 90 to 60 if both are on draft. 90 is a man's beer.

All you Stone lovers will like this, it's looking more likely that Stone will have a Brewery/Brewpub in Myrtle Beach. Should bring about 250 jobs to the area.

Randomly found Founders KBS on tap in Brooklyn on Friday.....the hype was legit. It may be my favorite out of the bottle (although I bet my >2yr old BCS will be preferable, but who knows what happens when you do the same with the KBS) Only had one because I was kinda drunk but goddamn. Then had a 3L of Stone 12.12.12 that was cellared that my friend had and went to Brooklyn Brewery's tasting room and got some of their less distributed beers. Quite a great beer weekend.

All you Stone lovers will like this, it's looking more likely that Stone will have a Brewery/Brewpub in Myrtle Beach. Should bring about 250 jobs to the area.

Pa is doing some crazy tax repurposing, so don't count Bethlehem out for the Stone bid. Of course that will happen as soon as I move out of the area.

Randomly found Founders KBS on tap in Brooklyn on Friday.....the hype was legit. It may be my favorite out of the bottle (although I bet my >2yr old BCS will be preferable, but who knows what happens when you do the same with the KBS) Only had one because I was kinda drunk but goddamn. Then had a 3L of Stone 12.12.12 that was cellared that my friend had and went to Brooklyn Brewery's tasting room and got some of their less distributed beers. Quite a great beer weekend.

First Street randomly had KBS and Goose Island Bourbon bottles on Friday. Was a good start to the weekend.

Drinking a Duchesse De Bourgogne tonight. I like this one a lot!

I'm probably really late to the party, but I had no idea that Fonta Flora was owned by Wake guys.

I'm heading to Winston this weekend. Going to try out this Small Batch joint. Worth a stop?

I'm having a Brooklyn Sorachi Ace for the first time, and, uh... This is a WEIRD beer. Poured pale enough to be called "yellow," with a pretty big head. Smells and tastes of lemon (which apparently comes not from lemon, but from rarely used sorachi hops), but not in a summer shanty way. I don't know how I feel about it.

I had my eye on that one for a while and then it disappeared before I could try it. I love saisons. Someone mentioned sour. Is it anything like a Flemish sour?

Yeah DaveJuice and I just had some this past weekend at the brewery

Back