• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Fuck dogfish. Whoa aggressive, right? Just got out of Great American Beer Festival...Unreal...I will report tomorrow...just ate a bunch of weed so things are a little crazy meow...Denver=greatest city on the planet

Reactions: BDL
Fuck dogfish. Whoa aggressive, right? Just got out of Great American Beer Festival...Unreal...I will report tomorrow...just ate a bunch of weed so things are a little crazy meow...Denver=greatest city on the planet

<3

Tonight was a celebration, and there was only one beer that could support what needed to happen:

CoorsCan.jpg

Actually drinking Boulevard's Love Child No. 3 tonight which is a wild ale aged in bourbon barrels. Absolutely spectacular. Also highly recommend Rye-on-Rye and The Sixth Glass.

Got the no 4 today at a bevmo run. Wowza its tasty but jesus its expensive

Got the no 4 today at a bevmo run. Wowza its tasty but jesus its expensive
boulevard IMO is one of the hidden gems. the saison brett is awesome and the single wide IPA is my go to for the last 6 months

Had 4 brews with/after dinner at the watering hole.

Allagash Fluxus
Gnomegang
de la Senne Taras Boulba
Ayinger Altbairisch Dunkel

boulevard IMO is one of the hidden gems. the saison brett is awesome and the single wide IPA is my go to for the last 6 months

Totally agree. I stumbled upon this at the Teeter and am hooked. Very good every day beers.

So, here we go. As far as this list is concerned here are my reactions to the ones I had or have had:

Saison Chateau: I liked it and agree it was what you think of when you think "hmm, how do I describe a Saison to someone"...that said there were better IMHO
St. Dekkera Sour Quadrupel: This was baws. Their stuff was baws. If you see anything from Destihl, do it.
Oud Bruin: I did not have this at the festival, but I have had this since I moved to CO. It is very well done. If you like the Flemish, this is a must find.
Assassin Imperial Stout: Aged in Pappy barrels. Enough said.
Big Bad Baptist: Again, another I had outside the festival. I really dig Epic's offerings. Another run of must tries, if you see their stuff anywhere.

Now, what did I taste that I can recollect (this is the key). I was hammered after an hour into the festival. I tried to mark as I went, but you can see the geographic location of where I was too drunk and excited to keep that nonsense up. Here are the beers I marked with reflections: ***RAN OUT TIME TO PUT REFLECTIONS THOSE ARE TO COME***

1. Hop Valley:
-Citrus Mistress
-IPA
-6.3%
-Good balance, nice citrus flavor (a lot of grapefruit on the back-end)
-Really nice IPA, I enjoyed the balance (I like IPAs with balance, to each his own)
2. Logsdon Organic Farm Brewery:
-Peche N' Brett
-Saison
-10%
-Oak aged; fantastic peach flavor on the front; great tart finish with the Brett coming in strong
-Absolutely fantastic and a must try
-Oak Aged Bretta
-Saison
-8%
-Oak aged; nice fruit front notes of pear, peach and strawberry; a nice smokiness from the barrel comes through on this one; really nice balance
-Another must try
-Seizoen Bretta
-Saison
-8%
-Very similar to the Oak aged but a little less boozy; this had a stronger sour note to it
-A must try
3. Black Raven Brewing:
- King Dandy
-Hochtoberfest
-Tamerlane Brown Porter
4. Bend Brewing
-Lovely
5. Breakside Brewery
-Passionfruit Sour
-Wunder Brett
-Beaujolais Avec Brett
6. Coalition Brewing Company
-Bring Out the Imp
-Space Fruit
-Bourbon Map
7. The Commons Brewery
-Fleur De Blanc
-Flemish Kiss
8. Eliptic Brewing
-Perihelion Crimson Saison
9. Black Market Brewing Co.
-Hefeweizen
10. Bison Brewing Co.
-Barry White's Voice in a Barrel
-Chocolate Stout
11. Benchmark Brewing Company
-Oatmeal Stout
-Wee Heavy
12. Coronado Brewing Co.
-Punkin' Dublic
13. Redwood Brewing Co.
-Cream Stout
14. Minneapolis Town Hall Brewing Co.
-Buffalo Bock
15. Listermann/Triple Digit Brewing
-Nutcase Peanut Butter Porter
16. JAFB Wooster Brewery
-Wooster New Stout
17. Singlecut Beersmiths
-Kim Hibiscus Sour Lagrrr!
18. Shmaltz Brewing Co.
-Funky Jewbelation
19.%2

Last edited:
This may be a haas, but Red Oak's Hummingbird is now in bottles. Picked up a couple from Lowes today.

For any Charlotte locals, circle Nov 1st on your calendar.

NoDa is doing a limited release of Monstro (11.2 Imperial Stout aged in Pappy Van Winkle bourbon barrels). Details about the release:
http://www.charlottebeer.com/2014/10/10/noda-brewing-to-release-monstro-on-saturday-nov-1/

Unknown is releasing Escorpion en Fuego.

Sycamore is opening to the public:
http://www.charlottebeer.com/2014/10/03/sycamore-brewing-to-open-on-saturday-nov-1/

Triple C is having Harvest Fest:
http://www.charlottebeer.com/2014/09/29/upcoming-fall-beer-festivals/

My local beer spot is doing an Evil Twin event. Some of the beers that will definitely be there are Biscotti Break, Even More Jesus, Ron and the Beast Ryan with Brett, Femme Fatale Sudachi, Williamsburg Hipster, Falco. I know I need to try the Biscotti Break, but does anyone have any other must try beers from them?

Back