• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Grilling Thread

Also, a nice apron. You don't want splatter or grease getting on you. They make some now that come complete with beer holder and bottle opener. I'd suggest one of those. Beer and grilling compliment each other nicely.

41aVdcinnOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Going to try my hand at some pimento cheese burgers tonight using the Pit's advice. I've never grilled bacon before so that'll be fun.

Real talk, I usually just microwave my bacon.

Forgot to add the bacon to the picture. Next time I'll add more cheese.

pimento.jpg

I need some new ideas for burgers. I typically use 80/20 angus meat and add a splash of worcestershire and a little salt. I'm trying to experiment a little with seasonings/additives to the meats or new types of meats and grilling styles. I have a Weber charcoal grill. What ya got for me?

Oh and any suggestions on burger buns and how to spruce those up a bit. I'm kinda tired of it being just the bread for the burgers. I want some good texture/flavor for those too.

This is next on my list to try.

http://www.adamperrylang.com/recipes/burgers-with-griddled-onions

All American steak and potatoes tonight. And a chicken breast for my father in law. After powerwashing the house, I crave meat.

Every time I open this thread I see the tag "bmoney's meatloaf recipe" and I get more and more confused. TSY, can I get a reveal on that one?

NY Strip Steak, 4 hour marinade of orange zest, worcestershire, olive oil, minced garlic and some routine spices (I always like sage on red meat), grilled in a cast iron skillet and cut into bite0sized strips, served over baby Spinach, sauteed mushrooms and onions, with Feta, walnuts and a dressing of brown mustard, ACV and EVOO. It was so good that even Dirk had to comment:

about to dust of the Weber Go-Anywhere and do some brats tonight

Grilled some thick boneless pork chops last night that were incredible. Marinade was Kraft Bacon Catalina dressing, salt, black pepper, cayenne, garlic. Threw some large Vidalia onion slices in the marinade as well. They caramelized really well.

Oh man, just crushed some mushroom Swiss burgers. Burger mix included 80% chuck, garlic, Worcestershire, egg, S&P. Mushrooms sauteed in EVOO and barbecue sauce. Drinking some HooDoo Kolsch beers whilst I grill. Good, good shit.

Monterey Jack and Jalapeno burgers tonight with grilled potatoes. Chicken kabobs tomorrow marinated in Italian dressing and soy sauce. Thank goodness the warm weather has finally decided to appear!

Back