• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

5o5tgk.jpg

Hate to keep bringing the thread down, but I'm in the same position today as Raleigh... Had this guy for at least 12 years, so long I can't even remember when we got him. Been in poor health for 2-3 years now. Has severe skin allergies/yest infections and is allergic to literally everything. Due to allergies had to stop feeding him table scraps which were his big thing, and for a while he basically refused to eat dog food and nearly starved himself to death. He's been pretty weak for a while but has bounced back every time it looked like he was down for the count. Last night he was having trouble staying standing and walking straight and today he didn't get up, not even for a dog treat (his sole focus in life these days). Hit pretty hard as I left for work with him laying on his side in his crate just looking out at me. Goes to the vet at noon and will probably have to put him down.

Hate to keep bringing the thread down, but I'm in the same position today as Raleigh... Had this guy for at least 12 years, so long I can't even remember when we got him. Been in poor health for 2-3 years now. Has severe skin allergies/yest infections and is allergic to literally everything. Due to allergies had to stop feeding him table scraps which were his big thing, and for a while he basically refused to eat dog food and nearly starved himself to death. He's been pretty weak for a while but has bounced back every time it looked like he was down for the count. Last night he was having trouble staying standing and walking straight and today he didn't get up, not even for a dog treat (his sole focus in life these days). Hit pretty hard as I left for work with him laying on his side in his crate just looking out at me. Goes to the vet at noon and will probably have to put him down.

So, so sorry to hear that. He is super cute. Looks a lot like our chihuahua/jack russell mix.

Very sad. I would have to take a day off work to mourn when it's Booger's time. I got him as a Junior at MSD 6 years ago.

So sorry to hear this, rawarr. That's never an easy decision to make.

Very sad. I would have to take a day off work to mourn when it's Booger's time. I got him as a Junior at MSD 6 years ago.

I've had to do this every time one of mine has passed.

the very THOUGHT of anything happening to my dog is enough to make me cry. i have no idea how i'll respond when that day comes, but i can't imagine that i'd be able to function at work. i'm sure i'll have to call in sick.

the very THOUGHT of anything happening to my dog is enough to make me cry. i have no idea how i'll respond when that day comes, but i can't imagine that i'd be able to function at work. i'm sure i'll have to call in sick.

I can take blood, gore, and tragedy any day of the week. Hearing what people are going through as they lose their pets gets me each and every time.

Mrs. DF07 cries about the inevitable death of our oldest at least once per week. He is only 6 and in perfect health *knock wood*.

I also think about the inevitable death of my oldest dog once a week, but then I realize that the stain in the carpet will set if I don't get moving on it quickly. That's how he survives.

For anyone interested, he plopped a lincoln log right on the windowsill facing the street last week. Luckily I wasn't the one who discovered it, as I would have spent the entire time getting a good angle to take a pic instead of cleaning it up. The girl made it home first, saw it, called me to bitch about it, then while she was on the phone she kicked the dog out of the house and put the screen door up to air out the room. Dog broke through the screen immediately to likely harass her for cleaning up what may have been proof of the most impressive canine agility/flexibility ever performed. Then the door handle back into the house broke. So she was stuck in a room with my very proud, annoying dog and a turd that was on display to the neighborhood. She cried.

ugh, the office is dusty today.

as mentioned before, jackson (such a handsom man) is 12.5. it's going to suck for me, jason has had him for 12.5 years - 6 weeks. i don't even want to think about what it will be like for him.

ugh, the office is dusty today.

as mentioned before, jackson (such a handsom man) is 12.5. it's going to suck for me, jason has had him for 12.5 years - 6 weeks. i don't even want to think about what it will be like for him.

You should get another one.

Sorry to hear about your doggies =( My parents' dog will be 14 in October and I'm beginning to wonder how much time she has left.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and Rawrr I'm sorry to hear you are faced with a tough day as well. I know people that don't have pets can't understand how we can be so upset but as many of you can relate these fur babies are like our version of human children. We won't be having any two legged kids and plan to surround ourselves with the four legged kind. I only had the pleasure of knowing Reiner for 2.5 years but from the moment I met him he loved me and I loved him. He also lifted his leg and peed on my wall directly into an electrical outlet! He was the best snuggler and loved to get in the bed with me and spoon. He also had a deep obsession with water and if you left sour cream on the counter it was a goner. But what I love about Reiner more then anything was his zest for life. He never knew a boring day or a person that wasn't his instant friend. I know he's at the Rainbow Bridge with my past pets Princess, BoJo, Petey, Cinnamon, Ariel, Oreo, Sassy and Nala. I just hope at the end I get to see them all again.

Sorry for all of you that I just made cry for the first time today or the hundredth.

Best wishes to you both. By far the worst part of having dogs.

Reminds me of the quote "the more people I meet the more I love my dogs."

I mean y'all should do it before he dies. I have found the experience of losing a pet is never easy, but it is easier if you have another dog there to keep on loving you.

I hate that people have to experience losing pets. It is awful.

I often have to remind myself to be "the person my dog thinks I am." It's a pretty high bar she has set.

I new some folks in Winston who new they had to put their dog down. So, they had a party and cooked pounds of bacon. They got drunk and let their friends pet and feed the dog one last night and then took him to the vet in the AM. I thought that was cool, but I would be such a cry baby if I tried to pull that off with our pup.

Back