• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

BTTT for holiday pictures!

68038_4773735348783_1027921507_n.jpg

^ That's awesome.

How often do you feed a dog? Lucy is about 30lbs and a little shy of my knee. She seems to be wanting to eat in the morning, graze in the late afternoon, and eat again about now. She's a healthy weight and active fwiw.

Our Lucy is around 40 lbs. She probably gets too many treats, but this is her schedule:

1.5 cups of Nature's Recipe after her morning walk (eats around 7am)
Treat or two when she goes into her room and we leave for work (around 8am)
1.5 cups of Nature's Recipe after her afternoon walk (eats around 6:30pm)
Treat or two in the evening (around 8:30pm)

Treats are usually something like a marrow bone in her Kong with some PB on top or a couple small treats of some sort.

She also eats out of her purple egg instead of a bowl:

J9K9.jpg

Which slows down her eating and keeps her occupied for a little while.

We feed in the morning around 7 a.m. and then in the evening around 6 p.m. We just split their daily allowance in half and we only give them a short window to eat. They usually have 15 minutes to 30 minutes while the food is out to eat. If they don't eat then, they have to wait until the next time around. We don't leave food out for grazing. It's like eating in prison. 15 minutes to eat and then to the yard for rec time!

Felix just free eats. I've never seen him overeat to the point of being miserable. He didn't learn such self-control from me, I can tell you that!

Interesting, thanks for the responses. I need to get my ass out of bed and walk her in the morning more. She's a much happier dog when she's had her walk.

We feed religiously at 6am and 6pm. Keeping a schedule helps keep their poops within a certain timeframe.

Got Felix a new toy today. Has a lion head with the "scruntchy" material in it that makes a noise like a water bottle, a squeaky at the other end for it's tail, and a tennis ball in the middle on a rope as the body. He got this toy at 4pm today.

The squeaky is broke, the ball is busted and just hanging together by the thread now and the Lion's head is still somewhat in tact. Nice 5 dollars spent, that.

My girlfriend's text me this morning to tell me that they had to put her 16 year old golden down and they were about to call and tell her. Of course she's absolutely devastated and called me bawling. I'm leaving for NY-->DC-->CLT and won't see her until Sunday. Sad day :(

So we've been taking Sherman to class. And he is the absolute worst in the class. I swear he has ADHD.

I thought about getting a little snowman hat/collar costume from Target for my cat, but I'm already scabbed from cutting his nails last week.

All your cute pups are precious!

For Sherman's next trick, he destroyed the industrial strength hose, chewed up the Christmas lights, chewed extension cords for Christmas lights, chewed his feeding station stand thing.

Good thing we all love him.

Back