• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

So our rescue Dachshund Addie came from a puppy mill where she was a breeder dog. Who knows how many puppies the poor dog has had.

I was not thinking about that the other night when I downloaded some "dog sounds" to my phone to torment the dogs. They mostly didn't care about the barking and howling and such, but then I played one, not really knowing what it was. It was whimpers and yowls from a scared puppy. Addie FREAKED out. She was running around the house, whining, panting and desperate to find that puppy and help it. Took me about 10 good minutes to get her calmed down.

I am a terrible person.

Her life is still more awesome now than it ever was before. I must confess though, the main thing I got from your post was that Addie's poor little vajayjay was a clown car in a previous life.

Her life is still more awesome now than it ever was before. I must confess though, the main thing I got from your post was that Addie's poor little vajayjay was a clown car in a previous life.

Yeah, she was shooting out puppies constantly apparently. Her lady parts were overworked.

Jesus Christ Pug Butt!
enhanced-buzz-12726-1334237468-5.jpg

So, pet thread. A friend of mine from high school works for a rescue organization/fosters dogs and usually posts their photos on facebook to help find the dogs homes.

The last couple days she's been posting photos of this one and it's stolen my heart and I want her so badly but I'm in no position at the moment to get a dog. And goddammit, I can't stand it.

So, pet thread. A friend of mine from high school works for a rescue organization/fosters dogs and usually posts their photos on facebook to help find the dogs homes.

The last couple days she's been posting photos of this one and it's stolen my heart and I want her so badly but I'm in no position at the moment to get a dog. And goddammit, I can't stand it.

yeah I know how that goes...my friend's dad had a dog follow him home so he kept it for a couple days and out popped out six lab/husky mixes. They were adorable and he gave them away and I wanted one so bad but there's no chance I would've been able to provide it with the attention it needs/deserves.

Plus my roommate doesn't allow pets.

Right now I have the money and the time, just not the living arrangement. So that could change in the next six months but who knows where this dog will be by then? Oh well.

yeah I know how that goes...my friend's dad had a dog follow him home so he kept it for a couple days and out popped out six lab/husky mixes. They were adorable and he gave them away and I wanted one so bad but there's no chance I would've been able to provide it with the attention it needs/deserves.

Plus my roommate doesn't allow pets.

Sounds like a shedding machine.

I was trying out the DirecTV app on my phone last night. Made the mistake of selecting the HBO Documentary "One Nation Under Dog: Stories of Fear, Loss and Betrayal" to test the streaming feature on my phone.

RDToy and I ended up watching the whole thing. I think RDToy might still be crying.

It is not the best documentary. The three sections don't always work together so well, but it is an unflinching look at the overpopulation of dogs in America. The beginning of act three has a three minute section that is one of the hardest things to watch I've seen, short of slaughterhouse footage. Quite frankly, the images of that three minute stretch are not as haunting to me as the sounds. Suffice to say, it will be a long time before I can get it out of my head.

Still, I wish more people would watch this documentary as I posted about it on Facebook and there have already been comments asking about why it's wrong to buy a puppy at a pet store. As the documentary does correctly point out, there are a lot of people that are simply unaware of the shelter situation with dogs (and cats for that matter, although they are not touched on in this documentary).

Last edited:
Still, I wish more people would watch this documentary as I posted about it on Facebook and there have already been comments asking about why it's wrong to buy a puppy at a pet store. As the documentary does correctly point out, there are a lot of people that are simply unaware of the shelter situation with dogs (and cats for that matter, although they are not touched on in this documentary).

This is depressing to me. So many people care for dogs but care nothing for cats.

Just take the dog. We got ours almost by accident. We were totally unprepared. It has been awesome though (after the first couple of weeks... wow... lot of work).

This is depressing to me. So many people care for dogs but care nothing for cats.

Yeah, I think so too, which is why I pointed out. With that said, I do understand it not being mentioned in this particular documentary, which is totally focused on dogs. I also think the proliferation of puppy mill busts have raised awareness a bit for dogs and it makes movies like this easier to pitch, since there is the "greedy people abusing animals for money" angle, which doesn't really apply to cats, most of the time.

Cats are satanic. There's a reason people don't like them as much as dogs.

Just take the dog. We got ours almost by accident. We were totally unprepared. It has been awesome though (after the first couple of weeks... wow... lot of work).

+1. completely and utterly unprepared for my dog. a friend needed somebody to adopt hers, and i tossed out a "i could potentially be interested, let me think about it." that weekend, she brought the pup over "to see if we can get along." i thought it was a 1 night thing, and i still had time to think. apparently it was a permanent thing. they practically threw her into the house and wished me luck before running away. i had really not put much thought into it at all, and suddenly i had a very high maintenance dog. the first 6 months were near misery, but now i cry at the very thought of anything happening to her. best thing i've ever done.

(i know this doesn't really apply to ipity, since it's more of a living situation thing. but still. just agreeing with the general sentiment of BSD)

:laugh: dogs are man's best friend for a reason bro. There is strong evidence they've co-evolved with humans and we've relied heavily on each other through out that history. On the other hand, cats make good pets because they can take care of themselves and aren't going to eat your children.

[video=youtube;N8NGDT1oPkY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N8NGDT1oPkY#![/video]

:laugh: dogs are man's best friend for a reason bro. There is strong evidence they've co-evolved with humans and we've relied heavily on each other through out that history. On the other hand, cats make good pets because they can take care of themselves and aren't going to eat your children.

[video=youtube;N8NGDT1oPkY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N8NGDT1oPkY#![/video]

We have a right to responsibly protect and foster all animals that we have domesticated. Dogs, cats, etc..

Dogs get the best treatment by everyone and it's a shame.

We have a right to responsibly protect and foster all animals that we have domesticated. Dogs, cats, etc..

Dogs get the best treatment by everyone and it's a shame.

Pshh, you are getting soft dude. Voldemort is working his magic. Dogs are just way better animals.

Cats are much more capable of surviving on the hard streets than dogs.

Back