• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

Pshh, you are getting soft dude. Voldemort is working his magic. Dogs are just way better animals.

Cats are much more capable of surviving on the hard streets than dogs.

than a pack of wild mini dachshunds, yes. a pack of feral mutts could probably do pretty well for itself. teeth and stuff, you know.

*eta: the mental image of a pack of wild mini dachshunds is pretty awesome.

than a pack of wild mini dachshunds, yes. a pack of feral mutts could probably do pretty well for itself. teeth and stuff, you know.

Teeth and stuff, but still pretty poor at actually catching things. Domestic cats kill and bring shit back to their owners all the time. There is a reason you don't often see the same from your dog out in the yard, unless they get lucky w/ a mentally challenged squirrel (speaking of protecting animals we have fostered...).

Watch that video I posted, dogs need humans much more than evil cats do.

Teeth and stuff, but still pretty poor at actually catching things. Domestic cats kill and bring shit back to their owners all the time. There is a reason you don't often see the same from your dog out in the yard, unless they get lucky w/ a mentally challenged squirrel (speaking of protecting animals we have fostered...).

:bowrofl:

My mini daschund has killed 3 squirrels for my mom. I'm pretty sure this is the only explanation of how he caught them.

(Sidenote-- I got him a squirrel costume for Halloween so he can better understand his prey.)

They lurk and attack when you least expect it.

DSCF1969.JPG

My mini daschund has killed 3 squirrels for my mom. I'm pretty sure this is the only explanation of how he caught them.

(Sidenote-- I got him a squirrel costume for Halloween so he can better understand his prey.)

I was waiting for you to show up as soon as I saw mini dachs mentioned.

ELC, holy shit that's hilarious.

Its funny how they become attached to a particular place. The dog bed we had when we first got Harvey is tiny, and he hangs over it now, but he still loves laying on there more than any place else.

Its funny how they become attached to a particular place. The dog bed we had when we first got Harvey is tiny, and he hangs over it now, but he still loves laying on there more than any place else.

back in the day J had to get a new coffee table because jackson liked to lay underneath it. when he was a puppy it was fine, because then he could get up and go- as he got older and bigger, he kept standing up and taking the table w/ him on his back. too many spilled beers = new table.

If they form a pack and are large dogs of certain breeds, they will have a lot more success than you give them credit for.

That said, my dog would die in a second.

Last edited:
poor duncan... just not cut out for the streets.

Back