• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

So a Wake buddy is getting a female dog in a few weeks. Any Wake related names for girl dogs I am missing? Deacon, Duncan, Riley, are out. Thoughts?

So a Wake buddy is getting a female dog in a few weeks. Any Wake related names for girl dogs I am missing? Deacon, Duncan, Riley, are out. Thoughts?

Female Deacon dogs are harder to name. Most Wake related dog names are perfect for English Bulldogs IMO: Arnie, Muggsy, Duncan, and Deacon

I can't think of any good female dog names that are Wake related. I guess Riley could work.

I was able to come up with a bunch of Wake or Philly sports names for a boy, but none for a girl. (I'm also not very creative.)

BTW, since the Chase Mutley jersey was so big, I went back to the closet and found an old Hornets-era kids Chris Paul jersey. So my pup was Chris Paw for her Halloween party. (I'm such a dork.)

OCOdfhD.jpg

I was able to come up with a bunch of Wake or Philly sports names for a boy, but none for a girl. (I'm also not very creative.)

BTW, since the Chase Mutley jersey was so big, I went back to the closet and found an old Hornets-era kids Chris Paul jersey. So my pup was Chris Paw for her Halloween party. (I'm such a dork.)

OCOdfhD.jpg

Philly isn't a bad name for a girl dog.

Philly isn't a bad name for a girl dog.

That is cute! Might be weird for someone living in Philly, though.

My uncle wanted me to name her Phanny, after the Phanatic. I wasn't so much a fan of that one.

That is cute! Might be weird for someone living in Philly, though.

My uncle wanted me to name her Phanny, after the Phanatic. I wasn't so much a fan of that one.

Ha. Always practice calling it out loud as if you were in public.*

*I have a dog named Booger, and I DGAF. Eventually, the word becomes much more the name of your pet than its actual meaning, at least in your mind.

Doggie daycare posts pictures of dogs and I love seeing all the names. Flea, Moose, Chunk, Stove, Beans. I love dogs with very people-ish names too. You really can't go wrong.

BTW, I studied abroad in Australia, and the guys across the street had a dog named Dude, semi-mocking the American students. It cracked me up. "Dude. Dude, get over here. Duuuude."

Bostwick (Bossy for short) - doesn't someone here have a dog named Bostwick?
Maya (Annnnnnngelou)

I had dogs named both of those names! A roommate and I had Bostwick together and Bosty still lives with her (she now also has a dog named Duncan) and Maya was my parents' dog of 16 years who just had to be put down this summer.

Female Deacon dogs are harder to name. Most Wake related dog names are perfect for English Bulldogs IMO: Arnie, Muggsy, Duncan, and Deacon

I can't think of any good female dog names that are Wake related. I guess Riley could work.

and Winston

Back