• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Secret Santa 2012 (gifts and such)

As soon as I ordered it, I saw your comment about moving from the PNW in a few years, so hopefully you'll be able to knock out quite a few before you move. Had it been a week or two later, I'd defs ordered a gun or doomsday preppers book for you.

As soon as I ordered it, I saw your comment about moving from the PNW in a few years, so hopefully you'll be able to knock out quite a few before you move. Had it been a week or two later, I'd defs ordered a gun or doomsday preppers book for you.

glad you didn't waste your money; we've read all of those*.

*not

I got it!

But first, I was at my dad's for most of the day and I looked on the bookshelf and something looked familiar...

img2012122400141.jpg

I got home tonight, ripped up the package from Manifest Destiny and started pulling things out.

The first thing I pulled out, I exclaimed "WHOA, awesome!"

img2012122400143.jpg

Yes that's a motherfucking Testudo spatula. It also has a bottle opener on the end as seen in the big picture. And then I pulled out a Santa ornament and another Santa bag with something in it....

img2012122400144.jpg

img2012122400142.jpg

Awesome work Manifest! Already texted the tailgating guys a picture of the spatula and they're jealous.

Yay I'm that guy who ordered weeks ago and have yet to see a delivery confirmation yet.

Yay I'm that guy who ordered weeks ago and have yet to see a delivery confirmation yet.

WTF?!?!?!?

Hi SD3,

Thanks for your patience. I just heard back from our warehouse regarding your order. They explained that your item has an estimated shipping date of 1/7/13. I'm very sorry for the delay with your order shipping out.

Our shipping policy with Amazon is that any order that will not ship out within 30 days of the order being placed is automatically cancelled. Your order is, currently, pending cancellation. You will be receiving an email from us within the next business day explaining your full refund and cancellation.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

-Tom C.

So, as you all know, I recently bought a house. Most of you also know that in the course of moving to my house, I became injured. On the evening of December 13 at 8:30, I decided to miss the last two steps at my apartment building. After a visit to the ER for x-rays and such, I learned I had a severely sprained left ankle with a hairline fracture of a bone in the ankle and a severely sprained right foot. I was given a special shoe for the right foot, a gel splint for the left ankle, and crutches (with two bad legs). The following morning of December 14 at 6:00 a.m. when I got up to get ready for the movers was probably the most painful two hours of my life as both my feet were swollen, the muscles were tightened, and I didn't have any pain meds in my system yet.

Despite the pain, the move went well and I'm enjoying living in my new home. I've made the first of many trips to Lowe's and bought myself new bedroom furniture including a california king bed. I'm still limping but the pain is really going away and should be back to normal in another week or so.

I tell you all this to set up my Secret Santa reveal. I still have the lease on the apartment until the end of this year so I've been going by to check the mail and check for packages (Secret Santa included). Yes, I kept going over to my apartment, going down 13 steps from the parking lot to the building and up 16 steps to my apartment on painful feet/ankles. On Sunday, December 16, I found the following in front of my door.

28wosb5.jpg

Christmas Eve was a great time as my folks were in town and I spent the day with my family and playing with my nieces. By this point, I was off crutches but still taking some pain meds. The swelling was down and I was able to wear normal shoes again (although loosely tied). That evening, I found this in the mailbox (It's a light blue dwarf's hat).

awrtpl.jpg

And today, I took the day off to do some light work around the house and to see my parents off as they left for home. There was some pretty bad slush/sleet/freezing rain in Roanoke today. I was finally able to hobble out to the mailbox around 2:00 when the stuff melted and found this (a dwarf banana plant).

wcfhh4.jpg

So, after a wonderful Christmas with my family and the first Christmas in my house, I was still in need of some laughs so thank you to my Secret Santa (ThinkingWithMyDeac).

bmoney, I guess it's obvious I have you at this point, I'm gonna cancel that last order and attempt to order a new one tonight (if I can find it at the same price) and if not, I'll just pick out something new.

Back