• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pitt Game Thread

Clawson's comments about the QB situation can be found at the 6 minute mark of today's presser:

• Kern out "for a couple of weeks"
  • Mitch "not 100% sure of his availability"
  • Going to "give Santino (Marucci) this week"
  • Going to "give our freshman reps this week"
Guessing that Griffis plays. If he does not, think everything is on the table including playing Gilliam or Mizzell (walk-on frosh who played well in Fall Camp).

Also, if it makes WF fans feel better for coach to accept responsibility for the current struggles, Clawson does it over and over again today. He also believes improvement is coming. I believe it.

I think Griffis may be dealing with a concussion.

kind of impressive it’s taken him this long to get concussed with our OL this year
Didn’t know whether to hit the Like, Sad face, or Laugh button. He has taken a beating this year. Reminds me of the Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercials.

Could pick up on some subtle critiques from Claw on Conor and Cam analysis during that PC

Mitch appeared to be hurting from the beating he took against Clemson, especially after he was replaced. If a player is starting and a team leader, you don't want to show weakness or pain. That facade tends to disappear if the player is on the bench and unlikely to play. He took some shots Saturday as well.

We’re due our own backup vengeance. Or maybe we got it when Newman replaced Hartman in the State game.

Who here remembers Tyler Cameron’s game or Kyle Kearns start? Same thing but homecoming.

5-7 (1-7) in the last 12 games. It's past time to turn things around.

Back