• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pitt Game Thread

At the end, didn't Cam ask something like, "You mentioned Conor's film breakdown, do you by chance read or watch any other media during the week (like mine)?"
That was Tony -- think he was trying to gauge how bothered Clawson has been of criticism.

Clawson's answer -- "I mean, it's accurate. ... Everybody in this building, I've hired. Every player on this roster, I've recruited." -- was another reminder that while he's not an old coach, he's got a ton of experience because when he first became a head coach, he was the youngest one in D1.

Getting to know him over the years, I'd say Clawson is acutely aware of criticisms without dwelling on them or letting them effect his belief system. Don't think he's always been like that, but he is now.

That was Tony -- think he was trying to gauge how bothered Clawson has been of criticism.

Clawson's answer -- "I mean, it's accurate. ... Everybody in this building, I've hired. Every player on this roster, I've recruited." -- was another reminder that while he's not an old coach, he's got a ton of experience because when he first became a head coach, he was the youngest one in D1.

Getting to know him over the years, I'd say Clawson is acutely aware of criticisms without dwelling on them or letting them effect his belief system. Don't think he's always been like that, but he is now.
Are you saying…no, I mean….Does he….does he read the board?

The question that was asked…there was no other way he could answer without being a complete tool.

I don't know if it's speaks to Clawson's success, our patience, or our lack of creativity, that we never came up with a "CLLLLa_son" bit like some Fordham fan did.

Of course he does. He’s sponsoring the parking lot rumble on Saturday
You joke but I don’t think it’s coincidence that the Triad restaurant thread has not been updated since September 23rd, which just happens to be exact same day we lost to Georgia Tech. Of course Dave won’t be posting about new restaurants during a losing streak.

At the end, didn't Cam ask something like, "You mentioned Conor's film breakdown, do you by chance read or watch any other media during the week (like mine)?"
Yeah that was pretty “finger nails against a chalk board”

ETA: whatever question Cam received a pretty harsh response from Claw (with a W)

If accurate, WF running the Wildcat with Carney, Ellison and Claiborne should be seriously considered. It's been reported that Marucci struggles against the 3rd team D.
Guys, its been almost 20 years since we've had a third stringer go on to be one of our University's best QBs so we are definitely due for Marucci to be generational. Remember Hodges was in front of Skinner but was hurt the game Mauk got hurt. It's Santino Time baby

Guys, its been almost 20 years since we've had a third stringer go on to be one of our University's best QBs so we are definitely due for Marucci to be generational. Remember Hodges was in front of Skinner but was hurt the game Mauk got hurt. It's Santino Time baby
1697633258692.png

If Marucci is the same guy who saw mop-up duty against a very bad Norfolk St team a couple of years ago, I do not expect much out of him

Marucci is the guy that converted to WR and then back to QB once Brett Griffis and Billy Edwards transferred right?

Anyone that is expecting good things out of him at QB has a terminal case of Over-optimistic Sports Fan

Marucci is the guy that converted to WR and then back to QB once Brett Griffis and Billy Edwards transferred right?

Anyone that is expecting good things out of him at QB has a terminal case of Over-optimistic Sports Fan
No, over the summer in a closed scrimmage he threw 3 picks against the scout team.

You managed to name one of the only positions he didn't play.

QB-RB-LB-Safety-QB.
Nice! I'm sure the guy that can't find a position that makes sense for him on either side of the ball is going to do a great job as a starting ACC QB on Saturday if given the opportunity.

Thank God we play Pitt this weekend and not FSU.

Nice! I'm sure the guy that can't find a position that makes sense for him on either side of the ball is going to do a great job as a starting ACC QB on Saturday if given the opportunity.

Thank God we play Pitt this weekend and not FSU.
You never know, it might just be....

1697641292331.png

Back