• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pitt Game Thread

I think I'd rather see if either of the freshman have some JUICE before hoping Marucci can do it, no offense to him and I'm sure he's a great teammate.

Ready for the Mizzell walkon-to-winner 30 for 30 story, personally.

How much NIL money do we need to give to get Hecklinski here in the spring so he can be our next 4 year starter asap?

Recruiting miss or versatile player?
You can make an argument that someone is a versatile player if they switch from being a starter at one position to a starter at a different one (aka Kendall Hinton)

If you go from being fourth string at one position to fourth string at another, you are switching positions in desperate hopes of ever seeing the field.

I think Ellison and Claiborne running the wildcat every play would be a more effective offense than having Santino Marucci drop back to pass with this year's offensive line.

I actually suspect that will be most of what we see on Saturday if Griffis can't go.

I think Ellison and Claiborne running the wildcat every play would be a more effective offense than having Santino Marucci drop back to pass with this year's offensive line.

I actually suspect that will be most of what we see on Saturday if Griffis can't go.
we could go triple option w/ marucci running too, he did play some RB!

We just need to copy what UVA used against us in 2020. They used 3 “qbs” with jersey numbers in the 90’s if I remember.

Nice! I'm sure the guy that can't find a position that makes sense for him on either side of the ball is going to do a great job as a starting ACC QB on Saturday if given the opportunity.

Thank God we play Pitt this weekend and not FSU.
And you think it's any better? Pitt just beat undefeated Louisville. VT puts up 30.

And at what point do we get 0 or lose yards when they put 11 in the box?

Last edited:
Us running the option is a joke. Can't perfect that in a week. And when has Clawson ever been innovative or better, innovative and successful

I enjoyed seeing our jumbo package from the 1 fail 4 times vs ACC opponents. What works against non-ACC opponents doesn't work vs ACC.

Clawson would have done better to have a pocketful of special plays (something EVERY ACC team possesses) perfected. If so, we may have very well beaten Clemson. We were inside the 20 multiple times.

A WR option scored a TD vs Clemson when Nate Morton (IIRC) threw back to Skinner.

Last edited:
QB injuries partially due to the "no contact" scrimmages for 4 years.

Duke loses a very good starter and really didn't miss a beat with the backup. They handled NC State fairly easily.

Back