• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Post your MCB gameday experience here

I am very sad. My oldest son, Deacswin, and his brother traveled to the game. My younger son is a UNC grad. I was very glad that they have the time together. But Deacswin is having severe back spasms and just texted me that he will have to leave the stadium and is concerned about walking to his car. It is very sad and troubling

My girlfriend just overheard an MSU woman yelling at her daughter not to drop her snuggy in the bathroom because of the cootey- bugs. Her daughter walks out of her stall and she's like 19.

Yikes.

Some of the guys hooked up with "Candy" at Cowboys....oh wait, that was the Indy Bowl in Shreveport in 1992

Hold on, the Miss St people carry the cow bells around town, to dinner, out at night, etc? It's annoying but semi-acceptable for the game. But please tell me they aren't wandering around the streets of Nashville ringing those things during the day or away from the stadium.

Hold on, the Miss St people carry the cow bells around town, to dinner, out at night, etc? It's annoying but semi-acceptable for the game. But please tell me they aren't wandering around the streets of Nashville ringing those things during the day or away from the stadium.

The handbells have been everywhere all day.

Everywhere.

In the restaurants.

In the bars.

In the bathroom.

In the hotel.

I remember seeing two fans without cowbells.

I've been here for two days and went downtown the night before.

These fans are soooo annoying.

We were sitting in section 242 and some idiot MSU fan leans over from the upper deck and starts yelling, talking junk, flipping people off. Pretty funny actually because I think he was thrown out. Security was watching him closely.

We were sitting in section 242 and some idiot MSU fan leans over from the upper deck and starts yelling, talking junk, flipping people off. Pretty funny actually because I think he was thrown out. Security was watching him closely.

Yep. I think all 3 of them got tossed. As they should have

They were annoyed when we ignored their stupid bells. So fun! Adults acting like middle school kids with toys.

Man, the smell of butthurt is heavy in these parts. :(

Even ESPN thinks the cowbells were BS. Not sure why you're calling us butthurt when we're simply stating that you're tradition, which I'll add is absolutely ridiculous, was getting on everyone's nerves, even fans without affiliation to Wake.

Someone who knows the rules please explain this to me. In defining unsportsman-like conduct, Rule 9 section 2, article 1 says there shall Be no act that interferes with the orderly Game administration on the part of players, coaches, attendants, or anyone else subject to the rules. There is also a rule that states the official can rule an unfair act has been committed under something not covered in the rules at his discretion.

My question is this. If Tanner had backed out before the first play saying the players couldn't hear, would the officials have given MSU an unsportsman-like after a warning? I can't imagine artificial noise makers like that would not be covered under those rules.

Last edited:
Football games are not Quiz Bowl.

I'm curious about how the numerous posters here noting the low intellect of the MSU fanbase approach Wake Forest's games with Duke and Yale. Do they moan about Wake's inferior SAT's and so forth, or what? Is cognitive ability less of an issue on those occasions?

I'd suggest that making sweeping generalizations about fat stupid inbred rednecks is always going to make you look sort of small and juvenille. I'm sure most Wake fans and supporters wouldn't stoop so low.

I thought the MSU fans were fine. They weren't particularly loud though. Apparently the cowbells sounded bad on TV but they didn't bother me at the game.

MSU is not as bad as people think. The head of Ernst and Young in Atlanta is a MSU grad as well as the Vice Chairman of The Geniune Parts Company. Both are really nice people.

Lookout, Princeton!

I'm curious about how the numerous posters here noting the low intellect of the MSU fanbase approach Wake Forest's games with Duke and Yale. Do they moan about Wake's inferior SAT's and so forth, or what? Is cognitive ability less of an issue on those occasions?

I'd suggest that making sweeping generalizations about fat stupid inbred rednecks is always going to make you look sort of small and juvenille. I'm sure most Wake fans and supporters wouldn't stoop so low.

Mississippi State is one of the worst schools in the country. That is fact. The fans were nice and respectful, but the "university" is embarrassing. That being said, Ole Miss is also a pretty terrible school. I worked hard for my Wake degree, and I will forever be more proud of that piece of paper than any team accomplishment. Academics are also competitive, and we happen to be very good.

Joke's on you. We don't require the SAT!

We like to hang our hat on the 2nd highest grad rate in FBS (curse you, ND).

Mississippi State is one of the worst schools in the country. That is fact. The fans were nice and respectful, but the "university" is embarrassing. That being said, Ole Miss is also a pretty terrible school. I worked hard for my Wake degree, and I will forever be more proud of that piece of paper than any team accomplishment. Academics are also competitive, and we happen to be very good.

You may have worked hard for your Wake degree, but you are besmirching it with unnecessary derision of your opponent. Perhaps Wake didn't teach you much about avoiding juvenile generalizations, or grace in victory or defeat.

I have a high regard for Wake... the only employee I've had from there was excellent. I'm sure most of the alumni and fans are well-educated, well-adjusted and prosperous. The ones who think they can measure the aggregate IQ of an opposing fanbase, and who think that topic's worth expounding on after a loss, are surely a tiny minority.

:tear:WHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH:tear:

THE COWBELLS MADE US LOSE THE GAME AND WERE ANNOYING!!!!

:tear:WHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH:tear:

Back