• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Post your MCB gameday experience here

You may have worked hard for your Wake degree, but you are besmirching it with unnecessary derision of your opponent. Perhaps Wake didn't teach you much about avoiding juvenile generalizations, or grace in victory or defeat.

I have a high regard for Wake... the only employee I've had from there was excellent. I'm sure most of the alumni and fans are well-educated, well-adjusted and prosperous. The ones who think they can measure the aggregate IQ of an opposing fanbase, and who think that topic's worth expounding on after a loss, are surely a tiny minority.

It's not that Mississippi State is "not a good school". It's a terrible school. Wake's rigorous academics are a point of pride for our athletic achievements as well. I realize that many fans are fans of their teams then the school. I am the other way around.

Do you look down on D2 football programs compared to yours? That is similar to the academic comparisons between Wake and Mississippi State, no joke.

Mississippi State is one of the worst schools in the country. That is fact. The fans were nice and respectful, but the "university" is embarrassing. That being said, Ole Miss is also a pretty terrible school. I worked hard for my Wake degree, and I will forever be more proud of that piece of paper than any team accomplishment. Academics are also competitive, and we happen to be very good.

missst-fans.jpg

It's not that Mississippi State is "not a good school". It's a terrible school. Wake's rigorous academics are a point of pride for our athletic achievements as well. I realize that many fans are fans of their teams then the school. I am the other way around.

Do you look down on D2 football programs compared to yours? That is similar to the academic comparisons between Wake and Mississippi State, no joke.

As an engineer.. I'm going to have to call bullshit. Yea, I understand the rankings and such and I'm not even going to deny that statistically Wake is the better school academically, but to make it seem as if getting a degree from MSU isn't something to be proud of is just a bunch of elitist bull.

As an engineer.. I'm going to have to call bullshit. Yea, I understand the rankings and such and I'm not even going to deny that statistically Wake is the better school academically, but to make it seem as if getting a degree from MSU isn't something to be proud of is just a bunch of elitist bull.

It's a source of pride in that it's a college degree. To think that playing D3 football isn't a source of pride is elitist bull.

That was my analogy. Wake:MSU(academics)::MSU:D3(football). You said that was elitist bull.

Well.... yea lol... If you're only basing it on your analogy. I was pretty close to playing D2 ball myself but decided to forego it to get an engineering degree.

"It's a terrible school."

This is, polemically speaking, nothing more than the equivalent of "your mother wears army boots."

It is nothing but a gratuitous insult. If this is your typical response to a loss, you need to rethink your approach. And if you took any classes at Wake touching on informal logic, you might ask for your money back.

We have a lot of them here.

Apparently, some of you have no idea of the differences in mission between your school and a land grant institution. MSU's mission is to provide a good education to the people of Mississippi - not to educate the elite. It is geared to the general population and is easy to get into, but not particularly easy to graduate from. MSU grads are typically proud of our large beautiful campus, facilities, environment and education. MSU teaches people how to build, grow, teach, manage and lots of other practical stuff that is useful to the people of Mississippi. We're also very proud of our herd of Jersey cows and the milk, ice cream, and cheese that result as well as the 82 county extension offices providing real help to local communities. What MSU has done is educate far more worthy individuals than Wake has done. Your school deserves respect for what it does well, and so does MSU.

"It's a terrible school."

This is, polemically speaking, nothing more than the equivalent of "your mother wears army boots."

It is nothing but a gratuitous insult. If this is your typical response to a loss, you need to rethink your approach. And if you took any classes at Wake touching on informal logic, you might ask for your money back.

I started my comments about the school being terrible before the game. There are land grant universities that are a hell of a lot better than MSU.

I started my comments about the school being terrible before the game. There are land grant universities that are a hell of a lot better than MSU.

There are dozens of universities that are a hell of a lot "better" than Wake Forest. There are also a lot of women better looking than your sister, and loads of Dads who can beat yours up.

You are making yourself look a little silly. I understand the emotional reaction, but you are engaging in self-vitiating argument now. Maybe if you had gone to one of the many "better" colleges, you'd understand the fatuousness of your comments.

Last edited:
They won. We lost.

A pissing contest re: academics is neither necessary nor relevant. It's big boy football.

They won. We lost.

A pissing contest re: academics is neither necessary nor relevant. It's big boy football.

That's funny. My son and I were having a beer at the Cadillac Ranch on Broadway yesterday afternoon talking about our prospects and I said to him, "Well I'm a little nervous. This is an SEC West team - big boy football."

I thought we more than held our own. Proud of the guys and our school.

You SHOULD be proud.

Wake Forest played hard an showed the more they belonged on the field with an SEC West team. There was no shortgae of grit or talent or preparation.

I've always thought that if your team plays hard and the issue is in doubt going into the the last two minutes, you have no complaints. Last night wan't ana aesthetic masterpiece, but it WAS a hard fought contest, and that is mainly what football is about.

Wake Forest played hard an showed the more they belonged on the field with an SEC West team. There was no shortgae of grit or talent or preparation.

I've always thought that if your team plays hard and the issue is in doubt going into the the last two minutes, you have no complaints. Last night wan't ana aesthetic masterpiece, but it WAS a hard fought contest, and that is mainly what football is about.

+1

Back