• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Post your MCB gameday experience here

Nashville is definitely a great bowl destination. Had a lot of fun and would love to do it again, but preferably without cowbells next time.

So let me get this straight... you guys are the elite of all college institutions, and what you say (or think) goes... right.....

Why are you consistently choosing to use a few, somewhat misguided posts to form an opinion of an entire university?

READ this thread carefully. Most are complimentary of MSU and your fans.

Seeking validation of your university vicariously (that would be a third party such as us) is somewhat juvenile.

So let me get this straight... you guys are the elite of all college institutions, and what you say (or think) goes... right.....

You should ignore Keeper....most of us do. The majority of his posts tend to incite others rather than actually contribute to the conversation. He likes to play dense.

Rulz was wearing a very recognizable black cowboy hat if that helps.

I don't recall a cowboy hat, I just figured it was him because he was wearing his son's jersey, and he was, you know, flipping off the crowd.

I don't recall a cowboy hat, I just figured it was him because he was wearing his son's jersey, and he was, you know, flipping off the crowd.

Think I know who you're talking about though probably wasn't Rulz. Believe he brought a decent amount of family and I know at least one of them was also wearing a Blitch jersey.

Think I know who you're talking about though probably wasn't Rulz. Believe he brought a decent amount of family and I know at least one of them was also wearing a Blitch jersey.

The poster formerly known as WFRegulations on the Scout forum?

Yep it was the Patterson House.

Posted this on the bourbon thread. Their New Year's drink menu was incredible. That place was rated one of the best new bars in the country for good reason...

Did anyone else eat at Judge's Vinagaroon? We had barbecue there and it was ridiculously good. Plus it was right around the corner from our hotel. Great bowl destination, really fun weekend. Agree that the MSU fans weren't nearly as bad as the cowbells made me assume. Talked to a few on the walk back and they were all pretty cool.

Another fun bowl experience courtesy of the Grobe era. Looking forward to next year.

Last edited:
Why are you consistently choosing to use a few, somewhat misguided posts to form an opinion of an entire university?

READ this thread carefully. Most are complimentary of MSU and your fans.

Seeking validation of your university vicariously (that would be a third party such as us) is somewhat juvenile.

I'm not. I was being sarcastic with him since he was using generalizing statements. I apologize if it seemed as if I was overlooking the other posts.

I don't think Keeper was putting down your school. On the contrary, he's pointing out that some here are snobs. I enjoyed meeting the Miss State fans. Much better than many of our conference rivals.

Ha, if so, oh Rulz. Guess I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt since I know earlier in the day he had his large black cowboy hat on.

I saw Rulz earlier in the cowboy hat as well. In fact, I've never seen him without the cowboy hat. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

He definitely had it on during the game. He actually had a good amount of face time on the video board in the 3rd quarter. I jokingly laughed to myself and said "I bet I see a thread on that later tonight". Looked well behaved during that time as he never realized he was on the jumbotron.

Overall the MSU fans were very amicable. At the bars postgame it was mostly a "whew you guys really scared us there at the end" reaction.

The cowbells in unison weren't horrible, at least from the far distance of the MSU section. The isolated cowbell, hearing each click and clank (especially sitting in the Wake section), was miserable.

There were 3 wake douches sitting to the left of us who tried to take MSU fans' cowbells while they were ringing the bells.

Nashville is a great city. Really glad I made the trip and had a good time on NYE as well.

Did anyone else see the MSU fan with the awesome rat tail and MSU beads at the end?

Needless to say, every school has fans that make us all look like idiots. The few Wake fans that I talked with on the streets before the game were nothing but great. I respect anyone who is willing to commit to their team 100%. I am sure that I would not like our cowbells if I were a fan of another school but as a State fan, I love them. Many opposing players have told me that they don't even realize that the bells are ringing, to them, noise is noise. If our bells bothered your team, lord help them if they ever have to play at Death Valley in Baton Rouge where the crowd has registered on the richter scale numerous times!!! By the way, the best way to quiet the bells is for your team to take away any reason for us to ring them. I think you all have a great team and will make some noise in the ACC next year. Now on to recruiting and basketball...Yes, we also have a pretty good basketball team!!!

Made the trip from Raleigh game day morning and caught the tail end of the Lot R Tailgate.

Our Section 238 seats were pretty good, especially when BP scored the first TD of the game right underneath us! :) I was disappointed that the end zone did not have "Wake Forest" written in it and the field looked to be in pretty bad shape overall.

No problems with the MSU fans at all- in fact, one very nice MSU fan offered an open chair in the club level to us and carried on about how much she liked the 5th Quarter movie.

Looking forward to continuing the bowl experience in the future!

Back