• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Post your MCB gameday experience here

I had a Captain Kangaroo look-a-like ringing his bell in our club section.

Here he is. Sorry for the quality of the pic.
407417_340372855974645_100000058002033_1490822_188100272_n.jpg

Some dumbass next to me got kicked out for peeing in the stands. Wake fan

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Academically, MSU is actually worse than my expectations. Their 4 year graduation rate is 31%. They are in the bottom 25% of colleges in the country. Ole Miss is also in that category.

Okay, we get it. Y'all are a little butthurt over the game BUT academic smack... really?

Latest published graduation rate as submitted by MSU to Dept of Education:

Overall Rate 61.36%
Male 59.50%
Female 63.26%

The cowbells were a decent conversation starter with the MSU fans in the postgame. It did seem to get really loud for a few key plays on their side of the field, and if our last drive had lasted any longer and they started messing with our hurry-up, I would have been really annoyed. But our last drive sucked, so who cares.

On the walk across the bridge after the game, the MSU fans, even with the cowbells, were pretty cool, and offered up their historical reason for using it. MSU girls at the bars mostly seemed apologetic about the cowbells. Didn't have a problem with them, and if you weren't an ass to them, they generally weren't an ass to you.

Stayed at the Springhill Suites at the airport and the best move made was ditching the rental car and taking taxis to and from down town. I have been to many bowl games and I cant think of a better venue /party than down town Nashville Friday afternoon/night.

Interaction with Miss State fans was all good--what stood out was their passionate hatred of Ole Miss--reminded me of our relationship down the road.

Everything went really really well for us in Nashville! No probs with our hotel, dining or transportation. Met and enjoyed a lot of nice Deacon fans. Amused no end by the MSU fanage and their handbells. Our only blooper was parking in a strip club parking lot the night of the WF Kick-off party at CMHoF, unbeknownst to us!! A l'il dicey walking down the street to retrieve our car after the event!

A great weekend all round!

Overall

It was good. Nashville is agreat city. Had no problem with MSU fans even with the cowbells. and they had enough belles/talent of a different kind. Maybe not Ole Miss, but not too shabby...

Of course the bowl games always bring out the attractive Wake female sports fans that never seemed to be around when I was in undergrad.

We sat in 241 and had really good view of the action on the field. Someone said they thought that there wasn't a bad seat in the stadium. Your seats?

My wife and I had a great time in Nashville. We drove from Charlotte on gameday, got into the hotel (stayed at the Hutton which was BAWSE), went down to Broadway for the afternoon. Had some BBQ at Jacks, met with friends, had a bunch of beers, and walked over to the game. Great seats on the 20 yard line on our side of the field, so most of the scoring action was on our side. Then went back out after the game on Broadway and drank some more. We stayed through yesterday too: had some hot chicken, toured Ryman, listened to some more music in bars on Broadway, went to a nice speakeasy near our Hotel, and had dinner. We were in early because of a 10 hour drive back to DC today, but still had a great time yesterday too. Weather was perfect for the entire trip. Only thing that would have made the trip better was a W on the field.

Personally I thought the MSU fans were great. Everyone I talked to was very respectful and passionate about their team. The older folks were very nice, and the younger people were just ready to party. I was more embarrassed about one of the people in our party who pulled out the condescending Wake fan routine after the game that has shown itself in this thread.

So outside of the game result, I thought this was the best bowl game experience I've had by far, and that includes the Orange Bowl. Hopefully we had a good enough of a showing that Nashville wouldn't hesitate to choose us again if given the chance.

My wife and I had a great time in Nashville. We drove from Charlotte on gameday, got into the hotel (stayed at the Hutton which was BAWSE), went down to Broadway for the afternoon. Had some BBQ at Jacks, met with friends, had a bunch of beers, and walked over to the game. Great seats on the 20 yard line on our side of the field, so most of the scoring action was on our side. Then went back out after the game on Broadway and drank some more. We stayed through yesterday too: had some hot chicken, toured Ryman, listened to some more music in bars on Broadway, went to a nice speakeasy near our Hotel, and had dinner. We were in early because of a 10 hour drive back to DC today, but still had a great time yesterday too. Weather was perfect for the entire trip. Only thing that would have made the trip better was a W on the field.

Personally I thought the MSU fans were great. Everyone I talked to was very respectful and passionate about their team. The older folks were very nice, and the younger people were just ready to party. I was more embarrassed about one of the people in our party who pulled out the condescending Wake fan routine after the game that has shown itself in this thread.

So outside of the game result, I thought this was the best bowl game experience I've had by far, and that includes the Orange Bowl. Hopefully we had a good enough of a showing that Nashville wouldn't hesitate to choose us again if given the chance.

was that the Patterson House? We tried going there because it came highly recommended, but apparently they don't open at 2 pm, haha. Oops. Ended up going to some place called Flying Saucers which was pretty fun and made it to the game about 40 seconds before the teams came out. Awesome weekend.

I got a good LOL when I saw someone who I'm 99% sure was RULZ standing up giving the crowd the double-bird in the third quarter. Embarrassing.

was that the Patterson House? We tried going there because it came highly recommended, but apparently they don't open at 2 pm, haha. Oops. Ended up going to some place called Flying Saucers which was pretty fun and made it to the game about 40 seconds before the teams came out. Awesome weekend.

Yep it was the Patterson House.

We have people who think that getting a degree from MSU or similar institutions is nothing to be proud of.

So let me get this straight... you guys are the elite of all college institutions, and what you say (or think) goes... right.....

The cowbells were a decent conversation starter with the MSU fans in the postgame. MSU girls at the bars mostly seemed apologetic about the cowbells. Didn't have a problem with them, and if you weren't an ass to them, they generally weren't an ass to you.

Glad these two points were made. And most the MSU girls were quite friendly.

Back