• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Press Conference: 6 PM on Tuesday, 6:30 "Mann The Quad"

D Mann did a great job, though. Just from one presser you can tell he can relate to people and recruit so much better than the last guy.

He had me when he said Teachey was his favorite Wake player. He knows what he is talking about!

That Teachey reference was strictly to appease the OWG camp.

All the Tacy mentions should make Manning BKF's third favorite behind BK and Tacy.

Coach Tacy was a well-respected strategist and successful coach and it's great that Coach Manning recognized him that way, as part of the long arc of Wake Forest basketball success.

He's one of us, kind of. Well played Coach Manning!

God. Fuck wakes incompetence. Get him a mic that works.

Lol, this is a train wreck.

Very likeable guy. You could tell the press conference isn't his element but he's a good dude, very easy to support, etc.

I'm OK with that. Press conference was more than just OK. That is good enough. I want his element to be convincing high school players to go to Wake, teaching the players how to play better, and game management.

It looks like they set up for a little kid's birthday party on the quad.

Manning probably saw him play at Wake when he was in high school.

images

There's a harsh truth to face: no way any of our communications guys would make it on the outside. All I do anymore is think of ways that they could be better. Terrible thing, to live in fear of our sports marketing and communications department. Brooks Hatlen knew it. Knew it all too well. All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won't have to be afraid all the time.

Back