• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Prime Time and the Colorado Football Experiment

Colorado has 68 players on their roster who weren't on it last year. Plus a totally new coaching staff. How much could TCU learn from watching film of Colorado last year? Better they watched film of Jackson?

I think Texas State has like 50. Along with NIL, it looks like roster guts will become the new norm.

I think Texas State has like 50. Along with NIL, it looks like roster guts will become the new norm.
It will be something to watch. However, I think it's working at CU because it is Deion. His history and his over-the-top personality make him the attraction. I doubt even Tom Brady could generate that kind of interest and excitement at a school. Sanders attracted all those good players because of who he is.

Regarding the press conference, I’d like to see what that reporter actually wrote. Had he been going out of his way to trash the Colorado program? Then he deserves to be called to the carpet on it by Deion.

Was he just in the habit of reporting what he witnessed and Deion didn’t think it was glowing enough? Then I have a bit of a problem with how he challenged him in the PC. It’s not a reporter’s job to “believe” in the team he’s covering. What happens in a future week when the team plays lousy? Is the reporter allowed to “not believe” then?

Of course, consider the source. Prime is a character and caricature and he knows how to work the media angle, so it’s not like it was meant in a mean spirited way.

I wish they had let that video run a little longer so we could hear the theme music.

Deion is the right coach at the right time for the Buffs. I am rooting for him. Not sure if he will have success or not but it will for damn sure not be boring.
As say the athletic admin who saw spring game go from 2000 to 45,000 this year!

And those two schools are nothing alike. Deion created his as a shell for elite athletes to play ball. Lebron created his for at risk elementary students

It's easy to get excited, one way or another, about Prime and Colorado but let's not forget, TCU is not Georgia, Alabama, or even USC. The Buffs still have to play some pretty decent teams. They will not contend (this year) for a natty, but they may qualify for a bowl, which is a big deal for a team that went 1-11 last year. This win is a big deal for them, but FSUs win was a bigger one, overall.

This is where I am. He’s making a game we love exciting. I’m all in on the mania.

100%.

Are the people he's directly employed to lead (players & coaches) in better circumstances with or without him?

IMO, he elevates everything and everybody around him. He's a magnifying glass on the insane CFB universe that already exists.

And, for me, he's not an old white guy...

... that's a good thing. It's amazing what 2 wins can do; but, I'm subscribed to his show.

I think that college football will be better off- whether he spectacularly fails, suceeds, or just exists.

CU will benefit for decades off of this wager.

Deion's also proven himself to be a champion of HBCUs. More people reading this should be.

Last edited:
Back