• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Prince has died

I mean... just watching that you realize that the dude could out-play probably 95% of rock guitarists and that's not even the primary thing he's known for.

FWIW, Eric Clapton did say once that Prince was the best guitar player in the world (back when Clapton was considered best or near best).

I'm a guitar player, and I've pretty much always considered Prince to be the best guitar player in the world. In fact, many guitar players do. I would say that Prince would get as many votes as anyone. It's strange to me to see posts where people say that he isn't mainly known for his guitar playing. He was absolutely a virtuoso.

Several years ago, a reporter asked Clapton what it was like to be the best guitar player in the world and he responded "I don't know, ask Prince".

I'm a guitar player, and I've pretty much always considered Prince to be the best guitar player in the world. In fact, many guitar players do. I would say that Prince would get as many votes as anyone. It's strange to me to see posts where people say that he isn't mainly known for his guitar playing. He was absolutely a virtuoso.

Several years ago, a reporter asked Clapton what it was like to be the best guitar player in the world and he responded "I don't know, ask Prince".

Clapton never said that, FYI. Prince was a badass player for sure. Don't know if he was the best around (unlikely), but he was damn good at just about everything he did musically. That kind of wide-ranging talent is highly uncommon. Truth be told, I didn't care much for anything he did after 1987, but respect that he was so versatile and followed his muse wherever it took him. The industry definitely needs more Princes.

Clapton never said that, FYI.

There's another story (that apparently checks out) about Howard Stern asking Dave Grohl if he would say Prince was a better all-around musician than him, to which Dave replied, "Dude, Prince is a better DRUMMER than I am."

I honestly had no idea he was such a virtuoso at basically every instrument he touched until this last week. I mean, just this video of him doing a soundcheck before a show made me say "HOLY SHIT" at my laptop:

Yeah, it's some crazy shit. Dude laid down most everything on his records himself.

Ever seen Stevie Wonder play drums? That is some out of this world sorcery as well.

Good job good effort on estate planning, Prince. SMH at no will for someone with a fuggin 9 figure estate.

Good job good effort on estate planning, Prince. SMH at no will for someone with a fuggin 9 figure estate.

Are you surprised? Many (most, even?) athletes & entertainers think they are dealing with an endless supply of Monopoly money. There will always be more on the way, so there is no need to be concerned about what happens to any of it.

Are you surprised? Many (most, even?) athletes & entertainers think they are dealing with an endless supply of Monopoly money. There will always be more on the way, so there is no need to be concerned about what happens to any of it.

Prince was dealing with an endless supply of money.

whatevs. these dudes have agents and lawyers and business peep that most always help them take care of it. duh

It sucks that now a good huge chunk of it is going to lawyers once his half-siblings start suing for their pieces of the pie.

The National Enquirer reported the AIDS angle yesterday. If true and he went from just being HIV positive to having full-blown AIDS in the last several months, then his genius obviously didn't apply to finances. There is no excuse for him to not have a will knowing that he was going to croak soon, whether he died of AIDS, an OD, or a combo of both.

I have no idea how close he was with his half siblings, I was just saying I know he was close with his sister, and with no will, people will more than likely take it to court....its the American way.

Back